A big rig is another way to describe a semi-tractor truck with an attached trailer for a vehicle with 18 wheels. Whether you call them a big rig or an 18-wheeler, an accident with one of these massive vehicles causes bodily injury, property damage, and loss of life.
If you or a loved one was hurt in a big rig accident that was not your fault, you may be eligible to recover damages for medical bills, lost income and more. A Rockford big rig truck accident lawyer at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm may be able to build a compelling case on your behalf.
Call us today for a free consultation at (800) 794-0444. There is no obligation.
You Pay Nothing Upfront for Our Services
You pay nothing out of pocket and nothing upfront. Our team of Rockford big rig truck accident lawyers can discuss the details of your case to determine the at-fault party and the compensation you may be eligible to receive. You should not have to suffer twice for an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence.
How We Help After an Accident
Accidents involving a big rig typically result in more extensive injuries. This means that you probably also have a longer recuperation period.
If you do not have paid leave from work on top of unexpected medical bills and other costs, you could find yourself on a slippery path toward financial ruin.
A lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can take an objective look at your injuries, damages, and help you pursue compensation from the at-fault party.
We do this by following a careful process that includes:
- Obtaining photos, videos, and physical evidence from the accident scene, including photos of your damaged vehicle, skid marks, debris, and other evidence
- Getting a detailed explanation of your injuries from your doctor to help us determine what damages to pursue
- Reviewing witness statements, police and accident reports, and statement from the defendant
- Consulting medical, vocational, and financial subject matter experts as needed.
- Filing an insurance claim with the defendant’s carrier and negotiating a fair settlement.
- Taking your case to trial if necessary, to get you the compensation and justice you deserve
We cannot start on your case until you contact us for a free evaluation. You should know that Illinois has a statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits. Any legal action that you take after this deadline will be dismissed.
Do not let your chance to pursue compensation slip away. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a Big Rig Truck Accidents Lawyer serving Rockford, call (800) 794-0444
Why You Should Call a Rockford Big Rig Truck Accident Lawyer
There are several reasons why injured people turn to a lawyer after a truck accident or other personal injury:
It Is Your Legal Right.
You have legal rights that include having a lawyer of your choosing to represent you. You might be recovering from extensive injuries and would prefer not to talk to an insurance adjuster while you are recuperating.
Our lawyers can communicate and negotiate with the insurance adjuster on your behalf. If we cannot reach a fair settlement, we will take your case to court.
The Defendant Will Have a Lawyer.
People who represent themselves at trial are expected to understand and conform to the same laws as an attorney. Our truck accident lawyers have an in-depth understanding of Illinois negligence and liability laws.
The other side will do all they can to avoid paying you what you deserve. A lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can stand up to insurance adjusters on your behalf.
Rockford Big Rig Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
What You Could Recover
Each accident is different, and your damages will depend on the extent and severity of your injuries. You may not be able to work for a while or you might be permanently disabled.
That is why our lawyers carefully assess your physical and emotional injuries to recover damages that might include:
- Ambulance and emergency care
- Medical tests, lab work, and prescriptions
- Lost pay due to your injuries
- Property damage including temporary transportation, car repairs, or car replacement (depending on the damage to your vehicle)
- Other accident-related expenses (such as mileage between your home, your doctor, and the pharmacy)
- Pain and suffering
If you lost a loved one because of injuries suffered in a big rig truck accident, we are very sorry for your loss. We may be able to pursue compensation for wrongful death or survivorship damages on your behalf.
For a free case consultation at your home, the hospital, our office, or over the phone, call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today.
Click to contact our Big Rig Truck Accidents Lawyers today
We Determine Negligence
Being hurt in an accident is not enough to recover compensation: You must prove negligence by the other party.
Our lawyers obtain the necessary evidence and testimony to establish how the defendant acted negligently and caused your suffering and damages.
The four elements of negligence are:
- Duty of care that the driver, the trucking company, and possibly other parties should act safely and responsibly.
- Breach of care in a big rig truck accident can range from the driver texting while driving or the trucking company failing to perform regular maintenance.
- Breach caused the accident and therefore your injuries and property damage
- You have damages from your accident-related injuries in the form of economic and noneconomic losses.
We can pursue compensation on your behalf from a reckless or negligent defendant.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Deserve to Know Your Legal Options
If you or a family member were injured in an accident involving a big rig, you could be entitled to financial recovery. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for a free consultation. A member of our legal team will listen to the details of your case and help you understand your legal options moving forward.
Call (800) 794-0444 today for your free, no-obligation case review. We do not shy away from the tough cases and may be able to help you pursue compensation for your pain and suffering.