Car accidents can change lives forever. If you or a loved one was the victim in a car accident, you may suffer from serious injuries, ongoing medical bills, an inability to work, and emotional conditions as a result of the traumatic experience. If your accident resulted from the actions of another party, you deserve justice. You might be considering your legal options as you attempt to recover and move forward with your life.
An Aurora car accident lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can help you determine your options, and they may guide you through the legal process during this difficult time. Call (800) 794-0444 today for a free consultation.
Why Car Accidents Happen
There is no single cause of car accidents, as every situation is unique. There are, however, several contributing factors that may cause car accidents. Some factors include:
- Poor driving conditions, including bad weather
- Drunk driving and other forms of impaired driving affecting motor control and decision-making
- Inexperienced drivers
- Mechanical failure
- Distracted driving, including cellphone use while operating a vehicle
- Dangerous intersections
- Driver fatigue
Understanding these contributing factors to car accidents can make you a better driver and may help you determine if you have a case for compensation. While there are several other reasons a car accident can occur, if you were the victim in an accident, another motorist may have made one of the mistakes above. These mistakes may indicate negligence on the part of the other driver, which may qualify you to make a personal injury claim.
Injuries Suffered in Car Accidents
Car accident injuries are sometimes minor and may not require hospitalization or additional care. In some cases, however, accidents can be severe and life-changing. Some injuries victims suffer from may include, but are not limited to:
- Scrapes, bruises, cuts, and burns
- Whiplash and traumatic injury to the head or neck
- Concussions and brain damage
- Sprains, strains, tendon or ligament damage, and other joint injuries due to excessive force and unusual movements
- Broken bones and fractures
- Emotional pain and suffering and, in some cases, the development of long-term mental disorders such as post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, depression, or sleeplessness
- Internal bleeding, damage to organs, and other internal injuries
Severe injuries may qualify you to compensation from either an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. An Aurora car accident lawyer can help you determine your options based on your specific set of circumstances.
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accidents Lawyer serving Aurora, call (800) 794-0444
Safe Driving and Accident Prevention
Whether you are heading down the street to run an errand or embarking on a long family trip, a car accident may occur. Nothing is more important than your health and wellbeing. Regularly reviewing tips for safe driving may help prevent future accidents and keep yourself and loved ones safe from injury. Here are some tips to remember before your next trip that can help keep you and your loved ones safe:
- Plan your route: If you are driving into unfamiliar territory, knowing your route will prevent unnecessary distractions or last-minute changes in direction.
- Wear a seat belt: Seat belts can drastically decrease your risk of injury and even save your life.
- Avoid bad weather: If at all possible, choose not to drive when the roads are slick or dangerous from fog, ice, rain, sleet, and other conditions.
- Do not drive under the influence: If you have even a trace of alcohol or other impairing substances in your body, stay off the road.
- Follow the speed limit and traffic laws: The signs you see on the road are there for a reason. Do not speed and obey all traffic laws. It will help keep you, your loved ones, and others on the road safe.
Even if you drive safely, accidents can still happen due to other drivers on the road. If you were the victim in a car accident, you could be suffering in several ways. Some victims choose to pursue legal action against those responsible for an accident.
Aurora Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
Taking Legal Action with Help from an Aurora Car Accident Lawyer
Severe injuries from a car accident can leave you with financial and medical instability. While you struggle to pick up the pieces, you have the right to choose an attorney to represent you as you seek compensation from a responsible party. Pintas & Mullins Law Firm may help simplify the legal process while you focus on improving your physical health and recovering from your injuries. Compensation from an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit may extend to reimbursement for medical expenses, lost property, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Click to contact our Car Accidents Lawyers today
Contact Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Today
To see how an Aurora car accident lawyer may handle your case, call us at
(800) 794-0444 for a free consultation and to learn more about your options. Additionally, we do not charge our clients any fees upfront; we only collect payment if we secure a settlement on your behalf. Even if another lawyer refused your case, we take on even the toughest of cases. Call us for a risk-free, no-obligation consultation. You have nothing to lose by discovering your legal options.
Remember that there is a statute of limitations for lawsuits, so call us as soon as possible. Do not miss out on your chance for justice.