If you suffered injuries and were unable to return to work after a slip and fall accident, you may be wondering how much compensation you have a legal right to receive from the negligent property owner that failed to keep their premises safe from hazards and dangers. Every property owner has a legal responsibility to ensure that their premises remain safe for guests and visitors, by either repairing or fixing a hazardous area or, at a minimum, warning guests of potential dangers.
If you suffered injuries and losses in a slip and fall accident in Burbank, consider visiting with our legal team today at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 223-5115 to get a better idea about your legal right to pursue justice and compensation following a slip and fall accident and how a Burbank slip and fall lawyer can help you with your case.
Slip and Fall Accident Settlement Offers
Your slip and fall accident will have unique circumstances and there is no average amount for a slip and fall accident case. However, in most cases, insurance companies will offer some sort of compensation long before a case ever goes to trial. However, it is extremely important for victims of slip and fall accidents to understand that simply because an insurance company offers a settlement amount, it does not mean that the amount is full and fair compensation that will cover all of a victim’s injuries and losses. Consider the following areas in which you may receive compensation for your slip and fall accident:
Many victims of slip and fall accidents have substantial medical bills and costs associated with their recovery following the accident. While it is never possible to give an exact amount that would cover each individual’s medical costs, consider the following questions:
- Were your injuries minor or severe? (For example, spinal cord injuries are common in fall accidents according to the Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine, and can lead to serious medical complications.)
- Did you have to go to the emergency room by ambulance?
- Did you have to stay in the hospital for an extended period of time?
- Did you require any surgeries?
- Did you require any medical treatments or procedures?
- What types of medications did the health care provider prescribe?
- Are your injuries considered severe, permanent, disabling, or life-threatening?
Even if your injuries are not considered catastrophic, you still have the legal right to pursue compensation for your claim.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer serving Burbank, call (800) 223-5115
If you suffered injuries related to a slip and fall accident, you likely did not have the ability to return to work immediately following the accident, resulting in lost wages. However, many victims do not understand that lost income and wages are not the only recoverable expenses under the category of lost income. Consider the following questions if you remained unable to work for a period of time following your slip and fall accident:
- How long were you unable to return to work as a result of your injuries?
- Did you suffer physical injuries, psychological injuries such as post-traumatic stress disorder, or both?
- What is the prognosis given by a medical professional regarding your injuries as it relates to your ability to return to work?
- How much income and wages did you lose as a result of not returning to work following a slip and fall accident?
- Did you use any vacation or sick leave during this time?
- Did you miss any employee benefit or pension contributions?
- Did you miss out on any training or promotional opportunities?
- Did you miss out on any expected bonuses or rewards due to performance?
- If your injuries are considered severe, are you expected to ever have the ability to return to work? If not, what is your loss of income extrapolated out for the working years you would have had left if you had not received injuries related to a slip and fall accident?
Burbank Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 223-5115
Pain and Suffering
Calculations involving pain and suffering are often legally complex and challenging. The amount is never an exact number and will largely depend on the severity and permanency of your injuries. Many victims feel confused about what is actually included in the pain and suffering portion of their possible compensation package. Some examples of pain and suffering can include the following:
- Physical pain from actual bodily harm such as broken bones or internal organ damage
- Mental pain and anguish from psychological trauma
- Scarring or permanent disfigurements
- Anxiety, depression, emotional distress, insomnia
- Inconvenience related to all medical appointments
- Inability to return to work
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Inability to perform daily tasks
- Loss of a limb or organ
The state of California does not have a cap or upper limit that a victim can receive related to a personal injury claim as it relates to slip and fall accidents. As a result, depending on a victim’s facts and circumstances, they may have the legal right to pursue a considerable amount of compensation for their pain and suffering related to their slip and fall accident. Consider visiting with a Burbank slip and fall lawyer at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm to learn more about how much compensation you may have a legal right to receive for your pain and suffering.
Click to contact our Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyers today
Learn How a Burbank Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help You
A Burbank slip and fall lawyer can help you with your slip and fall accident case in many ways. They can provide answers to your questions, help you understand how to build a strong personal injury case, contact the other party and negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company, advise you on whether or not the settlement offer provided is reasonable or fair, draft all paperwork and legal settlement paperwork if necessary, ensure that your receive compensation from the insurance company in a timely manner, and represent you in a court of law (within two years of the date of the accident, according to California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) §335.1) if the insurance company fails to provide a reasonable settlement offer.
If you suffered injuries as a result of a slip and fall accident, consider visiting with our legal team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 223-5115 to learn more about your legal rights.