There are 146 nursing homes in Arizona, with 55 receiving a five-star rating from U.S. News & World Report. The sad reality is that nursing home abuse and neglect happens in government-funded and private facilities alike.
If you have a parent or spouse who was harmed by nursing home abuse or neglect, your family could recover compensation for damages such as medical care, moving expenses, and other losses. A Tucson nursing home abuse lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can protect your rights and hold the negligent party accountable.
For a free case review, call us to speak with a member of our team.
Our Lawyers Tackle Tough Cases
You should know that not all law firms accept nursing home abuse cases. We do because our lawyers are committed to helping the most vulnerable among us: the elderly. Pintas & Mullins Law Firm has helped countless clients recover damages in similar situations to yours.
Our first step as your law firm is to help you get your loved one to safety and medical care. If you fear that your parent or spouse is in a life-threatening situation, call 9-1-1.
Once your loved one is safe and being cared for, a Tucson nursing home abuse lawyer may begin the legal process of pursuing compensation and justice on your behalf.
How We Help You Recover Compensation
There are many facets to a nursing home abuse case, with both legal and medical considerations. Pintas & Mullins Law Firm has the resources to thoroughly investigate, negotiate, or litigate the best possible resolution for your family.
Our careful process typically includes:
- A thorough evaluation of your loved one’s injuries and prognosis
- Creating a timeline of events and involved parties using fact-based evidence such as photos, videos, medical and/or police reports, and medical tests
- Secure testimony from subject matter experts, such as a trained counselor on elder abuse
- Gathering your expenses such as moving costs, ambulance service, and others
- Presenting a detailed claim or demand letter to the nursing home, advising them of potential legal action
We will attempt to negotiate a settlement but are willing and able to take your case before the court if necessary.
For a free legal consultation with a Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer serving Tucson, call (800) 794-0444
How We Identify Liable Parties in a Nursing Home Abuse Case
Nursing homes in Tucson and throughout Arizona must follow strict state guidelines by the Arizona Department of Health Services. These include regular inspections, minimum staff-to-resident ratio, and more. When a nursing home facility violates these statutes, they are subject to both criminal and civil actions.
A nursing home abuse lawyer with our firm looks at the evidence, documentation, and testimony to identify all liable parties based upon three key elements:
- Nursing homes owe a duty of care to residents to fulfill their contractual obligations of a safe, clean environment without violence, abuse, or neglect.
- Nursing homes may be liable when they breach this duty of care, either through intentional or careless acts.
- When this breach of duty causes injury to a resident, the nursing home may be held liable for damages.
Damages in a nursing home abuse case usually include economic and emotional losses. A lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm will seek both as appropriate.
Tucson Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
Compensation for Damages Depends on Several Factors
If your spouse or parent was the victim of nursing home abuse, your family could recover compensation for damages caused by these injuries.
The court considers several factors when awarding compensation:
- If your loved one sustained severe or extensive injuries
- The duration of the abuse or neglect
- If the nursing home has a history of these complaints
A lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm will aggressively pursue maximum compensation on your behalf.
Click to contact our Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers today
Types of Compensatory Damages
Damages in a nursing home abuse case can include:
- Emergency or urgent medical care
- Surgery, hospitalization, specialists, prescription medicines, and medical devices
- Relocation expenses
- Property damage if applicable
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Wrongful death
Filing a lawsuit against a negligent nursing home also helps shine a light on possible criminal behavior. This can encourage other nursing homes to improve conditions within their facilities.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Nursing Home Abuse Is a Frequent Crime
According to the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA), nearly one-third of all nursing homes in the country were cited for violating standards that could endanger residents.
There are other alarming facts about nursing home abuse from the NCEA:
- More than 50 percent of nursing home staff admitted to mistreating patients over the course of a year.
- Two-thirds of this mistreatment included neglect.
Many nursing home abuse victims are afraid to come forward out of fear that their abuser will retaliate.
Compassionate Client Service
As tough as we are on defendants, our nursing home abuse lawyers understand that at the heart of your case is a beloved family member who did nothing to deserve abuse or neglect.
As our client:
- You are assigned an attorney who will keep you informed at each stage.
- You do not pay up-front costs or out-of-pocket fees – we are paid only when we successfully recover compensation.
- Everything you discuss with your attorney is privileged information.
- You have the resources of our award-winning firm behind you.
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm is recognized by the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and as a top-rated law firm by Avvo, the most trusted attorney-rating website in the industry.
Call Today About Potential Compensation
A Tucson nursing home abuse lawyer may help you and your loved one pursue compensation. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for a free case review with one of our team members.