According to records compiled by the Los Angeles Almanac, during the 2018-19 rainy season, Los Angeles received 18.82 inches of rain, nearly four inches more than the average year. By comparison, parts of Florida may receive as much as 60 inches of rain in a typical year.
It does not rain often in Los Angeles, which means that when it does, there could be a higher propensity for danger.
Whether it was due to a motor vehicle accident or a building manager unprepared to implement necessary safety precautions during a wet period, you may have suffered an injury because of adverse weather conditions such as rain. If you were, then a Los Angeles weather condition such as rain lawyer might be able to assist you.
Call our team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 794-0444 to learn about how we may be able to help you bring a legal action.
Rain in Los Angeles Can Spell Danger
Part of Southern California’s appeal is that the sun is abundant. While it rarely rains here, it actually does rain in Los Angeles for about 36 days a year. The Los Angeles Emergency Management Department lists several threats that may impact you when heavy rains fall, including:
- Flash floods
It is possible that damage caused by these emergencies was made worse by one or more types of negligence, such as failure to safeguard properties from possible landslides or mudslides. Even when these sorts of emergencies do not occur, you could be at risk in Los Angeles during or after a lengthy period of rain.
Some of the other possible rain-related threats to your health may include:
- Car accidents resulting from drivers’ lack of care on slippery, rain-affected roads.
- Accidents on premises that have become wet because of rain.
- Infrastructure changes—such as damage to roads, sidewalks, parking lots, roofs, and building foundations—caused or exacerbated by rain.
If you or a loved one suffer injuries because of any rain-related negligence, you could be entitled to pursue compensation through a lawsuit.
Wet Driving Conditions in Los Angeles Can Be Very Dangerous
Whether it is the lack of familiarity with wet driving conditions or other factors, there seems to be a correlation between rain and spikes in accident rates on the roads of Los Angeles.
One rain-soaked four-hour period in 2018 saw 365 car accidents on L.A.’s roads, while there were only 93 accidents during the same time frame the previous day when it was not raining. Drivers may be negligent if, in rainy or wet conditions, they:
- Fail to increase the distance between the car in front of them to account for slippery conditions that may make braking difficult.
- Drive at excessive speeds.
- Do not have working windshield wipers.
- Act in any way that causes an accident.
Rain does not absolve drivers from responsibility when they cause an accident. Rain only increases the likelihood of an accident occurring. Whether your injuries were caused by a motor vehicle collision in wet conditions or another type of negligence, you might want to speak a Los Angeles weather condition such as rain lawyer. Contact Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today to discuss your case for free with a team member.
For a free legal consultation with a Weather Condition Such as Rain Lawyer serving Los Angeles, call (800) 794-0444
Infrastructure and Premises May Become More Dangerous When It Rains
Los Angeles has a well-documented problem with potholes, damaged sidewalks, and a generally poor state of infrastructure. When it rains, the health threats caused by L.A.’s deficient infrastructure may become even more glaring:
- Sinkholes capable of swallowing an entire vehicle may emerge.
- Potholes may grow even larger and more difficult to see if they fill with water.
- Roads may become slicker over time.
In addition to dangerous infrastructure, individual premises may become hazardous when:
- Property managers fail to keep rain from entering through doorways.
- Roof leaks lead to puddles and slick spots in walkways and aisles.
- Customers track in moisture that is not promptly cleaned up by those in charge of keeping a property safe.
One or more parties could be at fault if you were injured because of dangerous conditions related to rain. A lawyer can help you better understand any grounds that you might have to bring a lawsuit.
Los Angeles Weather Condition Such as Rain Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
How a Lawyer Can Help You Bring a Lawsuit
If you decide to pursue compensation for your losses, a lawyer can perform several duties that may lighten your load. Some of the tasks that a lawyer might fulfill include:
- Evidence collection and organization.
- Obtaining and organizing documentation of your injury.
- Negotiating a settlement.
- Arguing your case at trial.
- All other legal tasks required to complete your lawsuit.
- Defending your rights.
If your lawyer successfully negotiates a settlement or wins a judgment, then you could collect compensation for:
- Income you have lost because of your accident.
- Medical expenses incurred because of your accident.
- Property repairs for damage from the accident.
- Pain and suffering.
- Any other losses traced back to the negligence of one or more defendants named in your lawsuit.
A lawyer will fight for the compensation that you might be entitled to receive as you focus your attention on the road to recovery.
Click to contact our Weather Condition Such as Rain Lawyers today
Call Our Team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Today
The team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm takes tough cases, and our clients pay nothing out of pocket. We only collect a fee if you receive compensation for your injuries. Call our team today at (800) 794-0444 to learn more about how the services of a Los Angeles weather condition such as rain lawyer can help you.
Our goal is to make sure that you do not suffer any more damage than you already have while seeking compensation for your losses.