If you or a loved one suffered injuries because of a reckless driver, you could be awarded compensation for medical bills, lost pay, and other damages.
Your first step should be getting medical care if you have not already and following your doctor’s recommendations. After this, it may be time to connect with a Chicago reckless driving lawyer before you talk to the insurance adjuster or a representative from the other party.
You only have a limited time for legal action, and it is important that you understand your rights. Please call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for a free case review with a member of our team. For your convenience, this no-obligation consultation can be at your home, the hospital, or over the phone. Call (800) 794-0444.
Reckless Driving Is a Crime
Reckless driving is a crime under Illinois Statute 625 ILCS 5/11-503. The state defines reckless driving as “willful or wanton disregard for persons or property.”
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an accident involving a reckless driver, you could be entitled to compensation. You have already suffered enough; you deserve a strong, legal advocate who will fight for you and your loved ones.
How We Help
A Chicago reckless driving lawyer can help you pursue compensation while you focus on your health and your loved ones. You pay nothing upfront or out of pocket. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis only. We are paid only when we are successful in recovering a financial award on your behalf.
Our team of lawyers, paralegals, and other professionals can:
- Secure evidence of your injuries.
- Identify and communicate with liable parties.
- Assess a value for your damages.
- Send a detailed claim to the insurance company.
- Negotiate for a fair settlement.
- Prepare for trial if a fair settlement cannot be reached.
Please call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today for a free case review with a member of our team.
For a free legal consultation with a Reckless Driving Lawyer serving Chicago, call (800) 794-0444
Types of Reckless Driving Cases We Handle
Our lawyers have a deep understanding of Illinois liability and negligence laws and are here to help after most types of reckless driving accidents, including:
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Failing to yield
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Aggressive driving (road rage)
- Hit and run accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Accidents involving motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians, and scooters
A Chicago reckless driving lawyer can also help if you lost a loved one from injuries after a motor vehicle accident. This is called a wrongful death case, and you and other surviving family members may be entitled to a financial award.
Chicago Reckless Driving Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
What We Do to Pursue Compensation
The burden of proof in a reckless driving case is different than in a criminal matter. A lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm must prove that it is more likely than not that the defendant’s negligence caused your injuries.
In some reckless driving cases, this is easy to prove. Other times, we use our team and resources to get to the cause of the accident and who may be held accountable.
Each case is different but there are four elements in every personal injury case:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to you, the plaintiff, to use reasonable measures that would prevent you from being injured.
- The defendant breached this duty of care by driving recklessly and without regard to your safety.
- This negligence caused you to suffer physical and psychological injuries.
- You now have damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, prescription medicine, and other losses.
We can often settle these cases out of court. However, we will not hesitate to go to trial if that is what is needed.
Evidence to Support Your Claim
A lawyer can secure the necessary evidence and documentation to show how the defendant is liable.
This evidence often includes:
- Police reports
- Driver’s history and any pending charges
- Witness statements
- Photos of skid marks, road debris, damaged vehicles, and other visuals from the accident site
- Closed-camera video if available
- Blood alcohol concentration test results if drunk driving is suspected
- Evaluation of your injuries and prognosis by your medical professional (with your permission)
While a Chicago reckless driving lawyer can file a claim with the other party’s insurance, you should know that many personal injury lawsuits are the results of failed settlement negotiations. Illinois Statute 735 ILCS 5 allows only two years from the date you suffered injuries to take legal action.
Click to contact our Reckless Driving Lawyers today
Common Damages for a Reckless Driving Accident Case
Our lawyers are not paid unless and until we recover compensation. This motivates us to work hard on your behalf.
In our experience, these are the most common damages that plaintiffs seek:
- Medical expenses including ambulance, hospitalization, doctor’s visits, prescriptions, and related costs
- Rehabilitation therapies and treatment
- Lost pay for the time you were out of work due to injuries
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries affect your ability to return to your pre-accident job
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage including rental car and other related costs
- Diminished quality of life
Please keep your receipts, bills, and other proof of expenses. Your lawyer will need them to file a claim as evidence of damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Learn About Potential Compensation
Reckless drivers are a threat to people and property. They should be held accountable for the suffering that they cause.
A Chicago reckless driving lawyer can protect your rights and help you recover compensation and justice. For a free case review, call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm to speak with a member of our firm: (800) 794-0444.
Call or text (800) 794-0444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form