According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), there were nearly 7 million automobile crashes in 2018. Of those, almost 2 million people were injured, and over 33,000 lost their lives.
While automobile accidents make up only a portion of personal injury cases, these numbers show just how many people are injured in accidents each year.
If someone else’s negligence caused your personal injury, you could be entitled to compensation for expenses related to the accident. Luckily, a Whittier personal injury lawyer can be there to help fight for your right to compensation when you have been victimized, no matter how you may have been injured, and to what extent.
Here at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, we have seen countless families have to go through tremendous pain and suffering for no good reason. We will not lie down as these sorts of injustices happen in the Whittier community. At the end of the day, our job is to prove fault in your case and fight to help get you compensated for your physical, mental, and financial suffering. You are not in this alone.
To learn more and to receive your free consultation today, contact a Pintas & Mullins Law Firm team member at (800) 223-5115.
Evidence in a Personal Injury Accident
As a personal injury accident can happen at any place at any time, there will always be different circumstances to consider in every case. However, if you choose to retain the services of a Whittier personal injury lawyer, those investigations will become their undertaking moving forward. Even so, there are some precautions you can take in every personal injury case to attempt to preserve the integrity of your case.
Some general guidelines to consider can include, but may not be limited to:
- Gather the police records if you have them. They may help document your accident scene from the side of the law. Their testimony and documentation may become useful if you choose to pursue a personal injury case against the parties responsible for your accident and injuries.
- While police documents are very helpful, photos and video of the scene can also aid in your case. If you have photos or video from the accident on hand, have them ready. Further, if you got any witness contact information, your lawyer might talk with them to get a more detailed account.
- If you have not done so already, seek medical attention, no matter how minimal you think your injuries are. Ideally, the hospital will give you the treatment you need to recover from your injuries, while also providing concrete documentation that shows the extent of your injuries.
- If you want help filing a lawsuit, contact a personal injury lawyer. They may be able to offer you further guidance on a course of action moving forward. The insurance companies that may be held accountable for paying out your potential compensation claims may attempt to manipulate your case, so consulting with an attorney can give you better peace of mind about the legal road ahead.
Here at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, we know how many different areas of your life can be derailed by a personal injury accident. While we cannot guarantee compensation in any given case, we can investigate every aspect of the events leading up to your accident. Nobody has the right to put you through such severe pain and suffering simply because they were not doing their job to protect their fellow civilians.
For more information about the potential legal proceedings in a personal injury case, contact a Pintas & Mullins Law Firm team member today for your free, no-obligation consultation.
Types of Pain and Suffering Considered for Compensation
There is no real limit on the amount of pain and suffering that a personal injury case can cause, but the court will largely consider three areas when determining the amount of compensation a victim will receive: Physical suffering, financial suffering, and non-economical suffering, which will include any mental anguish endured during the accident.
According to the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, patients will pay, on average, $30,000 for a 3-day hospital stay. For many victims, these bills, which resulted from an accident they did not case, can ruin their lives.
The hardships faced from the accident will cover aspects which can include, but may not be limited to:
- Lost wages and loss of future work.
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Medical bills and any other bills that may have accrued, such as back-rent, electric bills, etc.
- Cost of further treatment.
- Wrongful death.
- And more.
We want to help you get the compensation you are entitled to in order to cover these costs.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury Lawyer serving Whittier, call (800) 223-5115
Personal Injury Lawyers Fighting for Victims
When you retain the services of a Whittier personal injury lawyer at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, you will be getting a team of attorneys who are fighting to get you the financial compensation you are entitled to. No victim should be held accountable for their own physical, financial, and emotional losses after a negligent accident. Together, we will work on your legal case while you focus on your ongoing recovery.
We know how stressful large medical bills can be, and we do not want that to deter you from getting legal help. That is why you never have to worry about paying anything out of pocket at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm. We work on a contingency fee basis, and we only get paid if and when your case results in a settlement.
To learn more about Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, contact a representative today at (800) 223-5115 for your free consultation.
Call or text (800) 223-5115 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form