Helping Clients Nationwide Navigate a Complex System with Ease
Navigating the Social Security Disability system can be difficult. Submitting forms, medical records, and supporting documents can seem endless and complicated. In addition, submission errors or delays may jeopardize your application. A Social Security attorney can help you understand the process and maximize your chance of being approved for Social Security Disability benefits. An initial denial is common, even when a person is eligible for benefits. Whether you are retired or an accident rendered you disabled, you and your family may be entitled to receive monthly benefits.
Types of Social Security Disability Benefits
There are two types of social security disability benefits you can apply for:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a benefit designed to help people with little to no income get money for basic needs like food, clothing, and shelter. SSI pays benefits based on financial need, as the amount a person receives is based on their income and resources. The qualifications for receiving SSI specify that the applicant must be 65 or older, blind, disabled, and have a low income.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is a benefit designed to help people who are unable to work due to a long-term disability. SSDI pays benefits based on your work history and past earnings. The Social Security Administration considers a condition a disability if you are unable to do the work you previously did, you cannot adjust to doing other work, and the condition is long-term as it will last a year or more.
For a free legal consultation with an social security disability lawyer serving nationwide, call (800) 794-0444
Nationally Respected & Trusted Firm
If you have been denied Social Security benefits, we can help. Pintas & Mullins Law Firm has a team of experienced Social Security lawyers to simplify the process and fight on your behalf. Our attorneys have helped our clients win their claims time and time again. If you have been wrongfully denied Social Security benefits or have had your benefits stopped by the Social Security Administration, contact us for a free no-obligation consultation today.
- Social Security Benefits Application
- Medical Impairments that Qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance
- How to Appeal a Social Security Decision
- Social Security Office Locator