Nursing Home Negligence or Abuse
- Six years.
- If a person dies before the expiration of the statute, an action may be commenced by his/her representative within one year from his/her death. N.C. Cent. Code §28-01-26
- Two years from when the injury was discovered, or reasonably should have been discovered. Case cannot be filed more than six years after the date of injury, unless discovery was prevented by fraudulent conduct.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 794-0444
- Two years from date of death.
Damages Caps N.D. Cent. Code §§32-03.2 and 32-62-02
- Non-economic damages are capped at $500,000.
- Punitive damages are capped at two times the compensatory damages or $250,000, whichever is greater.
- No limit on jury awards for economic damages, but all awards over $250,000 are subject to the court’s review.
The information provided here was prepared by the Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for research and informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. While we try to keep this information current, the law is subject to change and it may not be reflected here immediately.
The Pintas & Mullins Law Firm expressly disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the information provided. If you have a legal question or problem, please consult an attorney immediately.