Nursing Home Negligence or Abuse
- Two years from when the injury was discovered, or reasonably should have been discovered.
- Three years after date of injury or one year from when the injury was discovered or reasonably should have been discovered, whichever period is shorter.
- This limitation is delayed for any period during which the provider concealed any act, error, or omission on which the claim is based.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 794-0444
- Two years.
- Non-economic damages for medical malpractice capped at $350,000.
- Punitive damages are capped at three times compensatory damages if they are greater than $100,000. If compensatory damages are less than $100,000, punitive damages are capped at $300,000.
- There is no cap on compensatory damages.
The information provided here was prepared by the Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for research and informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. While we try to keep this information current, the law is subject to change and it may not be reflected here immediately.
The Pintas & Mullins Law Firm expressly disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the information provided. If you have a legal question or problem, please consult an attorney immediately.