Nursing Home Negligence or Abuse
- Two years from when the injury occurred and no more than three years from the act or omission complained of. The defendant’s absence from the state may delay the statute under certain circumstances.
- Causes of action founded on intentional misconduct must be brought within three years of the conduct in question.
- Two years from when the injury was discovered, or reasonably should have been discovered.
- Two years from date of death and five years from the act or omission complained of.
- Recovery is allowed under Connecticut’s Wrongful Death Statute. Recovery may include compensation for loss of earnings, medical and funeral expenses, and pain and suffering.
The information provided here was prepared by the Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for research and informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. While we try to keep this information current, the law is subject to change and it may not be reflected here immediately.
The Pintas & Mullins Law Firm expressly disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the information provided. If you have a legal question or problem, please consult an attorney immediately.