When you entrust your loved one’s health and safety to a memory care facility in Houston, you expect the staff to protect them from harm. Unfortunately, memory care facilities can be the site of abuse, neglect, and preventable accidents. If your loved one suffered injuries in such an incident, the team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can help.
We can provide a Houston memory care facility accident lawyer to handle your loved one’s case and fight for financial recovery for your loved one.
Awards our team can pursue for you
The losses that your loved one has suffered will depend on the specific nature of their accident. Most likely, your family will be facing significant costs for hospital care, medications, rehabilitation, and similar medical needs. Our team will work to find out:
- How and why your loved one’s accident occurred
- What injuries your loved one suffered because of their accident
- What medical treatment they will require
- What other damages the incident may have caused your family
Once we know what damages the incident caused, a lawyer from our team can determine what your family may recover in a financial award. In accident cases involving a memory care facility, covered losses may include:
- The cost of emergency care for injuries
- The cost of physical rehabilitation
- The cost of medications
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
Every victim of a memory care facility accident has a unique story and may be entitled to various levels of compensation.
Our Firm Has a Track Record of Financial Recovery
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm has an established record of recovering compensation for elderly victims. Our clients’ recoveries include:
- $950,000 for a nursing home resident who became injured in a fall after having prior falls related to their dementia
- $800,000 for a nursing home resident who developed bedsores and required surgery because of neglect
- $1.4 million for a nursing home resident who developed a serious bedsore that went undetected until she moved to a new facility
We take the safety of our clients seriously. We understand that in cases of elder abuse and neglect, a financial award may be the clearest way of obtaining justice. We can assign a Houston memory care facility accident lawyer to oversee your loved one’s case for compensation.
With more than 35 years in practice, the team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm knows how to pursue lawsuits and insurance claims against memory care facilities. Call us today for a free consultation.
How Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Can Help Your Family
Your loved one may be recovering from injuries suffered in a memory care facility. If the worst outcome has occurred, they may have passed away from their injuries.
Our team can help whether your loved one is recovering or your family is dealing with a recent loss. We will give you a voice by filing a lawsuit or insurance claim on your behalf.
Our firm offers a variety of services to our clients, which you can explore below.
Ensuring that Your Loved One Is Safe
If your loved one survived their injuries, our goal is to help prevent any further harm from coming to them. We want to help you make sure that they:
- Are in a safe location
- Have received diagnoses and treatment for all of their injuries
- Receive follow-up treatment to monitor the progress of their recovery
- Are not contacted by any parties who they do not want to see or hear from
One or more caregivers may be responsible for your loved one’s accident. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), elder mistreatment happens most frequently in community settings. We will help ensure that your loved one is safe from any caregiver who has mistreated or neglected them.
Calculating Your Loved One’s Losses
Any awards that your family may collect will depend on the value of your loved one’s losses. Some determining factors in the award amount could include:
- The type of injuries your loved one has suffered
- Your loved one’s prospects for recovery
- The specific cost of their medical treatment, medication, and other injury-related losses
- The extent of their pain and suffering
- Whether their injuries were fatal
We will calculate the amount of compensation that your family may qualify to recover. This will be the financial target for any settlement or judgment that we pursue.
Seeking a Positive Financial Outcome
Victims of accidents in memory care facilities could receive compensation through:
- An insurance claim
- A pre-trial settlement
- A judgment following a trial
Our team considers each client’s case on an independent basis. Some accident victims may receive sufficient coverage through an insurance claim, while other cases may go all the way to court.
As the American Bar Association (ABA) explains, going to court may be the rarest path to compensation. Victims are more likely to recover compensation through a pre-trial settlement than a trial.
For a free legal consultation with a Memory Care Facility Accidents Lawyer serving Houston, call (800) 794-0444
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm About Your Loved One’s Case Today
Our practice focuses on serious injury cases, including those that involve accidents in memory care facilities. We do not shy away from tough cases, and we want to hear from you about your loved one’s injuries.
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 794-0444 for a free consultation and find out more about how a Houston memory care facility accident lawyer can help.