Your loved one may be entitled to awards for abuse that occurred in a Boston memory care facility. You and your loved ones may secure compensation for their wrongful death if they have passed.
A Boston memory care facility abuse lawyer from our firm will seek awards for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other losses. We will handle everything from case filing to negotiating awards.
We Handle Memory Care Abuse Cases in Boston
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can help your family by handling your legal case from start to finish.
We will pursue awards through a settlement or judgment. We provide the following legal services to victims of abuse and their families.
Providing Start-to-Finish Representation
Our firm has helped clients secure millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements. Once we accept your case, we:
- Protect your rights
- Deal with all parties involved in your case
- Document your losses as they evolve
- Draft and file all necessary paperwork
- Negotiate a settlement or argue for a judgment
We do not shy away from tough cases. Our goal is to ensure that your loved one is safe, that your family is able to recover emotionally, and that you do not have to worry about your case.
Securing Documentation of Your Loved One’s Abuse
We generally handle two types of elder abuse cases: elder abuse and elder neglect. As the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) explains, these types of abuse can cause visible trauma.
We will document your loved one’s abuse by:
- Photographing their visible wounds
- Obtaining medical records detailing their injuries
- Recording video evidence of injuries when appropriate
- Securing bills for abuse-related medical care
- Recording your loved one’s account of abuse or neglect
- Recording accounts of abuse by witnesses
We also document secondary harm caused by abuse or neglect. Mental anguish is among these kinds of losses.
Negotiating for Fair Compensation
Negotiations are a pivotal part of any abuse case. We will prepare evidence of abuse, documentation of losses, and other materials before engaging in negotiations.
Once we enter negotiations, we will:
- Make clear who the liable parties are
- Present evidence that proves abuse or neglect
- Identify how much compensation each liable party owes
- Reject any unfair compensation offers
- Fight for the awards that your loved one deserves
We negotiate on behalf of abuse victims. We also negotiate for those who have lost a loved one from wrongful circumstances.
Our record of judgments and settlements speaks for itself. Our case results include:
- $1.4 million for the victim of nursing home neglect who developed undetected bedsores
- $3 million for another nursing home neglect victim whose bedsores became infected and took years to heal
- $950,000 for a nursing home neglect victim who fell and shattered her elbow
No form of elder abuse or neglect is acceptable. This includes abuse that happens in a memory care facility.
A Boston memory care facility abuse lawyer from Pintas & Mullins Law Firm will handle your eligible case.
We Pursue Awards for All Abuse-Related Losses
We investigate our clients’ abuse-related losses. We pursue coverage for each of those losses.
If your loved one is still living, we seek compensation for personal injury. We will fight for coverage of:
- Abuse-related medical expenses
- The cost of moving your loved one to a safe memory care facility
- The cost of your loved one’s stay in the facility where they experienced abuse
- Their pain and suffering
- Therapy required for their mental anguish
We account for all losses when pursuing awards. We do the same when it comes to wrongful death cases. Losses that we may recover awards for if your loved one passed away are:
- The financial cost of their funeral
- Your pain and suffering
- A child’s loss of parental instruction and guidance
- A spouse’s loss of comfort and companionship
- Loss of financial protection (where applicable)
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) notes a higher death risk in several elder groups who experience abuse. It is possible that your loved one’s passing is linked to their abuse, even if that was not immediately obvious.
We will review the facts of your loved one’s case. For eligible cases, we will pursue coverage for all losses stemming from the abuse.
You Do Not Pay Us Unless We Win for You
Cost should not be an obstacle to legal services. Therefore, we do not charge clients directly for our representation.
Because of contingency fees, you do not pay us unless we win your case. Successful outcomes include:
- A settlement
- A judgment
- Compensation through insurance
Under no circumstances will you pay Pintas & Mullins Law Firm out of your own pocket. Our fee only comes from winnings that we obtain for you.
We Aim to Hold All Liable Parties Accountable for Abuse
Elder abuse can result from failures at multiple levels. Memory care facilities are required to keep residents safe. If your loved one suffered harm, then we will identify all liable parties.
These parties can include:
- A fellow resident who engaged in abuse
- One or more staffers who abused or neglected your loved one
- Owners of the memory care facility
- Administrators employed by the memory care facility
We may use multiple standards to seek compensation. More than one party may owe you or your loved one awards based on different legal standards.
We alleviate the headaches that can come from a legal case. By handling your case, we free you to focus on your loved one’s safety and your own emotional wellbeing.
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today
A Boston memory care facility abuse lawyer from our firm is here to serve you. A free consultation with our team comes at no cost and with no obligations.
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 842-6336 for your free case evaluation. Do not wait to call, as Massachusetts may limit the time that we have to file your case.
Call or text (800) 842-6336 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form