If an accident at an assisted living facility in Albuquerque injured your loved one or led to their death, you might be able to recover compensation for your damages. A lawyer from Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can help you file an insurance claim or lawsuit and fight for compensation on your behalf.
We believe in holding assisted living facilities and staff responsible for their wrongful actions. If someone else’s negligence caused your family’s injuries, they should pay for your damages, not you. Let us build your case while you concentrate on your family’s well-being.
What Damages May Be Available in My Case?
The damages that may be available in an assisted living facility accident case depend on the nature of the accident and its impact on your family.
Personal Injury Damages
If you are filing a personal injury case, your damages may include:
- All current and future costs of medical treatment
- Other out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Wrongful Death Damages
If you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit, your damages may include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Pre-death medical care
- Loss of companionship
- Mental anguish
We Can Calculate Your Damages
As part of our services to you, an Albuquerque personal injury lawyer from our firm can calculate the damages in your assisted living accident case. This will give us a fair settlement range for your case and help you avoid settlement offers that do not cover all of your losses.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer?
At Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, we understand that many accident victims are concerned about the costs of working with a lawyer. That is why we provide our services on a contingency fee basis. In this arrangement:
- Our clients pay us no hourly or upfront fees.
- We collect our payment as a percentage of their settlement or court awards.
- If we don’t win their case, they don’t pay us.
We will make the full details of this arrangement clear when you sign on as a client.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 794-0444
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Has a Record of Success
We are proud of our firm’s many victories and record of success. Our past case results include:
- $950,000 for a nursing home resident with fall injuries
- $800,000 for a nursing home resident with bedsore injuries
Our lawyers have a combined 50 years of experience. We do not shy away from tough cases, and we are willing to pursue any parties that may be liable for you or your loved one’s damages.
Accidents That May Allow You to Pursue Compensation
Assisted living facilities are generally responsible for preventing certain types of accidents. Depending on the services that the facility provides, their responsibilities may include:
- Keeping the facility free of slip and fall hazards or other dangers
- Installing handrails and sufficient lighting for residents to safely maneuver
- Providing mobility assistance devices to resident
- Providing adequate security to prevent attacks and assaults
- Responding to residents’ requests for help
- Providing sufficient medical care
These are just a few of the duties that our firm can review when looking into an assisted living facility accident case. This is not an exhaustive list, so we encourage you to consult with our client intake team no matter how your loved one’s accident occurred.
We Also Handle Assisted Living Facility Abuse Cases
Sometimes, abusive behavior from staff members, other residents, or another party causes injuries in an assisted living facility. We can also help you take legal action for these types of injuries, which may result from:
- Physical abuse
- Neglect (e.g., malnutrition or bedsores)
- Emotional abuse
- Sexual abuse
What Will the Legal Process Look Like In My Case?
When you work with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm on your assisted living facility case, the legal process may look like this:
- Our firm will investigate your loved one’s accident for evidence of negligence.
- We will identify the liable party and start to build your case against them.
- We will identify your potentially recoverable damages and estimate their value.
- We will submit your claim to the responsible party’s insurance company.
- We will negotiate for a settlement with them.
- We will help you interpret any settlement offers you receive (you will always be the one to decide whether to reject or accept an offer).
- If you do not receive an adequate offer, we will file a lawsuit and take your case to trial.
How We Will Support You During Your Case
Our firm will support you in several ways throughout your case, including:
- Communicating with all parties for you
- Making sure you understand your options and any applicable laws
- Answering your questions and giving you legal advice
- Keeping your updated on the progress of your case
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Deadlines to Sue for a Nursing Home Accident In New Mexico
Various legal deadlines may apply to your case. The general deadline to file a personal injury lawsuit in New Mexico is three years from the date of the accident, per NM Stat §37-1-8.
If you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit, the general filing deadline is three years from the date of your loved one’s death, per NM Stat §41-2-2.
In either type of case, if you wait too long and try to file your lawsuit after the deadline passes, a judge may dismiss your lawsuit. Because of these deadlines and the time-sensitive nature of certain forms of evidence, we urge you to start taking legal action in your case as soon as possible.
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for a Free Case Review
You do not need to navigate the legal aftermath of your loved one’s assisted living facility accident alone. A lawyer in Albuquerque from Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can take over your case and fight for a settlement or court award on your behalf.
To get a better understanding of your legal options and our services, call us today at (800) 842-6336. A member of our team is standing by the provide you with a free case review. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can start working for you.