Abuse of the elderly is never acceptable, whether it occurs in Seattle or elsewhere. Though all assisted living facilities must keep residents safe, we know that such facilities can fail in their duty. If your loved one suffered abuse in an assisted living facility, we can help.
A Seattle assisted living abuse lawyer from Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can help you seek justice. Your loved one may be entitled to awards for the harm they have suffered. Your family may also be entitled to compensation if your loved one has passed away. We have helped our clients recover millions of dollars for their losses.
We Investigate Elder Abuse and Bring Legal Action
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm sees a variety of different case types from our clients. Some clients are confident that their loved ones suffered abuse. Others may have suspicions but no concrete evidence.
We aggressively investigate our clients’ cases to leave no doubt. As part of our service to your loved one, our team will:
- Refer your loved one to medical professionals
- Work with doctors to determine what your loved one’s physical, mental, and emotional injuries are
- Document all evidence of abuse
- Determine the specific forms of abuse that your loved one experienced
- Identify the causes of abuse, and in doing so, determine liability for the abuse
- Calculate the compensation that your loved one deserves
- Seek compensation through an insurance claim or lawsuit
Our goal is to recover compensation for your loved one. This often means negotiating a settlement. It could also mean securing payment through insurance or completing a trial.
We deal with every step of your case. Our lawyers alleviate the headaches that can come from insurance claims and lawsuits. We will work to obtain compensation for your loved one without them having to engage with the legal or insurance processes.
Forms of Compensation That Elder Abuse Victims May Collect
We evaluate every client’s losses on a personal level. That said, elder abuse may create similar symptoms among many different victims. Clients who are victims of elder abuse may suffer:
- Serious physical injury
- Depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder, as noted by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
- The financial cost of medical care for injuries
- The financial cost of counseling for psychological and emotional trauma
- The financial cost of relocating to a safe living environment
We do not assume what losses your loved one has suffered. We thoroughly investigate their losses. We seek awards for all forms of harm that result from your loved one’s abuse.
We Seek Compensation When Elder Abuse is Fatal
The World Health Organization (WHO) states that elder abuse can cause physical injuries. Those familiar with elderly health issues know that even a single injury can become a fatal injury.
If your loved one passed away as a consequence of abuse, we will lead a wrongful death case. For such cases, we may secure awards to cover:
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering before death
- The loss of comfort that your loved one provided
- The loss of guidance for children of the deceased
- The cost of your loved one’s funeral service
- Medical costs stemming from abuse
A Seattle assisted living abuse lawyer from our firm can explain covered losses in greater depth. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today to take the next steps in your loved one’s case.
Why We Recommend Taking Action for Justice
Here’s why we, and you, could choose to bring an abuse-related lawsuit. Some reasons to pursue a civil case include:
- To stop current abuse
- To stop future abuse
- To provide compensation to the victim
- To bring liable parties to justice
We get motivation from each of these reasons. We want to see justice achieved for your loved one.
We Do Everything to Complete Abuse Cases
Hiring our team should be the first thing that you do when it comes to your loved one’s case after getting them to safety. We will meet with you before you hire us. We may need to obtain certain details from you or your loved one. We handle the rest.
Every client has their own needs. We do everything necessary to complete your case. This can include:
- Interviewing witnesses to abuse
- Interviewing those who saw negligent conditions
- Documenting your loved one’s injuries
- Documenting medical care and other abuse-related expenses
- Filing all necessary paperwork
- Handling the daily responsibilities of completing a lawsuit or claim
- Negotiating with insurance companies as necessary
- Negotiating with other attorneys as necessary
We do not shy away from tough cases.
Our Track Record of Winning Cases of Elder Mistreatment
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm has won numerous cases involving elder mistreatment.
We understand the process of completing lawsuits against assisted living facilities, their staff, and other liable parties. We will aim to secure a positive financial outcome for your loved one. We will seek awards for you if you have lost your loved one.
By hiring our team, you can remove yourself from the legal process. You can worry about existing responsibilities. We will handle your or your loved one’s case.
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Today
Our firm does not charge anything out of pocket. A Seattle assisted living abuse lawyer from Pintas & Mullins Law Firm will only get paid if they win. Allow our team to seek compensation for you or your loved one.
Call the legal team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 842-6336 to complete a free case review.
Call or text (800) 842-6336 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form