WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING ACTOS CASES
Actos is a medication for patients with type II diabetes or those who show early symptoms. Actos—generic name pioglitazone— was approved by the FDA in 1999. Manufactured and distributed by Big Pharma companies Takeda and Eli Lilly, this drug makes billions of dollars in sales every year.
Unfortunately, Actos is linked to bladder cancer—as detailed in warning published by the FDA in June 2011. Patients who use Actos for one year or more have a 40% increased risk of developing bladder cancer.
This drug, as well as another similar medication called Competact, is banned in Europe because of its link to cancer.
Call Our Dangerous Drug Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm is proud to represent individuals nationwide who have been injured by dangerous drugs like Actos. We are tough, experienced, and knowledgeable. Our drug injury lawyers are tough, experienced and knowledgeable, and ready to fight for your rights.
- Why Choose Pintas & Mullins Law Firm:
- 50 years of collective legal experience
- 10,000+ cases handled for injury victims and families
- Partnerships with the top litigation firms, providing a multi-firm approach
- Free, confidential consultations
- No fees unless a settlement / verdict is recovered
- Travel across the country to meet our clients
- Available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
We have been representing Actos bladder cancer clients for five years. Speak to one of our Actos attorneys for free legal insight on these cases.
Facts About Actos Cases
- Actos makers Takeda and Eli Lilly are currently facing almost 9,000 bladder cancer lawsuits.
- Multi-district litigation (MDL) is designated to the Western District of Louisiana (No. 2299).
- Eight cases have gone to jury, with plaintiffs winning five.
Victims of Actos bladder cancer have recovered millions of dollars in compensation. In April 2014, a jury awarded an Actos bladder cancer victim $9 billion in punitive damages after finding that Takeda and Eli Lilly intentionally hid the drug’s risk of cancer. This was ultimately reduced to $36.8 million by the judge, but the message to these companies was clear, as the judge also denied their request for a new trial.
For a free legal consultation with a Actos Lawyer serving nationwide, call (800) 316-2828
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for a Free Case Evaluation
Our dangerous drug attorneys can help you understand your rights and legal options. If you or a loved one developed bladder cancer from Actos use, we encourage you to get in touch with our dedicated and experienced law firm.
We have decades of experience and take a multi-firm approach r to win the highest possible compensation for our clients. With no fees unless we get you a settlement or verdict, there’s no risk to you.
Call a nationwide personal injury lawyer from Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 316-2828.