Throughout the Phoenix, AZ area, many people suffer from injuries each year at the hands of someone else’s negligence. Dealing with the aftermath of a personal injury is stressful and you will encounter many issues as a result. The effects from your injury can last for years, depending on how severe the injury was.
Handling a personal injury case takes a toll on you, and the personal injury lawyers at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm may be able to help you get the compensation you deserve. With more than 35 years in personal injury law, our team can fight for the damages that you need for recovery. A Phoenix personal injury lawyer is able to deal with the time-consuming and confusing parts of seeking compensation. Call our team today at (800) 794-0444 to discuss your case in a completely free consultation.
The Types of Cases Our Law Firm Handles
At Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, we handle many different types of personal injury cases. Our attorneys have tackled thousands of cases across the country that include, but are not limited to:
- Auto Accidents: If you were the victim of a car crash, you may have severe injuries along with a damaged car. We take over communication with your personal insurance company and the other driver’s insurance company to work to get you a settlement.
- Bicycle Accidents: Often, a driver of a vehicle may not see you riding your bike on the road. If you are hit while using a bicycle, you could be entitled to compensation.
- Burn Injuries: If you receive a burn injury due to someone else’s negligence, we might be able to get you compensation for your medical bills and suffering.
- Carpal Tunnel: Carpal tunnel can be painful and make it more difficult to get work done. We potentially can help with your case if you got carpal tunnel from repetitive motions at work.
- Construction Accidents: Construction site injury cases can be quite complex, especially when third parties such as contractors and subcontractors are involved.
- Dog Bites: If a dog attacks and bites you, you may be able to get compensation from the owner if the attack was unprovoked. In very rare cases, a dog attack could be fatal.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle accidents often have devastating effects for the driver or any passengers. Those effects can last for years or even a lifetime.
- Pool Drowning: If you lose a loved one to an accidental pool drowning, the property owner may be liable if they did not secure the area properly or did not have correct signage displayed.
- Premises Liability: Injuring yourself on someone else’s property is disconcerting, especially if you find out the owner knew that the area where you injured yourself needed repairs.
- Product Liability: Defective products may cause injury to you or a loved one and the manufacturer, retailer, or others along the supply chain may be liable for those injuries and the damages you may get.
- Slip and Fall: If you have an injury from a slip and fall, a Phoenix personal injury lawyer can explore your possible options for claiming damages.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: A traumatic brain injury may forever alter you or a loved one. Find out if you have a case against the cause of your TBI by speaking with a member of our team.
Understanding Arizona Negligence Laws
In order to be able to win a personal injury case in Arizona, you as the plaintiff have the burden to prove that the other party had negligence in the circumstances surrounding your injury. For example, if someone’s dog gets loose from their yard when the owner knew the fence was in disrepair and comes to your property and attacks you, then the owner was negligent in keeping their dog properly restrained.
In Arizona, we operate under a negligence law called comparative negligence (A.R.S. 12-2505). This means that you can recover damages from the other party involved, even if you had some fault in the incident. If the jury assigns 10 percent of the blame to you and 90 percent to the other party, then your total award would be reduced by 10 percent. However, if you intentionally caused your injury in some way, the state will generally not permit you to recover damages. A personal injury attorney can assess the particulars of your case and help you decide on your next steps.
For a free legal consultation with a Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer serving Phoenix, call (800) 794-0444
Types of Compensation You May Receive
When you decide to make a personal injury claim, there are several types of compensation that you may be able to file for, including:
- Medical Bills: Your medical bills might be quite high after an injury and could include hospital stays, surgery bills, doctor costs, long-term rehabilitation costs, and more.
- Personal Property Damage: If you are the victim of a car wreck, you likely have damage to your vehicle that needs fixing.
- Lost Wages: During your recovery period, you probably missed hours of work and can try to recover those lost wages.
- Future Lost Wages: Occasionally, an injury may prevent you from resuming your former job duties. Our lawyers can help you estimate the amount of your future lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: There is no cap in Arizona on how much compensation you may receive for non-economic damages, also referred to as pain and suffering.
Keep in mind that most personal injury claims need to be filed within two years of the incident. The only exception is for product liability, which has a limit of 12 years, according to A.R.S. 12-551.
Phoenix Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
Why You May Benefit from Hiring a Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are considering hiring a personal injury lawyer in Phoenix, AZ, then the team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm stands ready to take your call and assist you with your case. Our history with personal injury law helps us fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact our team today at (800) 794-0444 so we can start the process of collecting your information and work toward obtaining damages for you or your loved ones.