Thousands of people vacation in Las Vegas every weekend. It’s not uncommon for many to go home feeling sick over gambling losses. For one of our clients though the illness did not subside when he got home. Mr. Richardson* and his wife stayed at the Polo Tower in Las Vegas for one week celebrating their wedding anniversary and came home with a lifelong illness. He arrived home from Las Vegas feeling run down and experiencing shortness of breath and a high fever. His fever worsened; he suffered from chills and struggled to breathe. His wife took him to the emergency room and he was admitted to the hospital in critical condition. After suffering in a hospital bed for over one month, Mr. Richardson was diagnosed with Legionnaires Disease, a bacterial pneumonia that breeds in the warm water parts of air conditioners. Mr. Richardson survived.
He and his wife turned to our office for help. Upon investigation, it was discovered that the Polo Towers had known of problems with their air conditioning system, but failed to evacuate and close the hotel in a timely manner. Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, along with local Las Vegas counsel, filed a lawsuit against Polo Towers and other liable construction companies. Together they ensured that Mr. Richardson and his family were compensated for their loss by resolving the case for $950,000.00.
*Name changed to protect privacy