Nevada Nursing Home Laws
Nursing Home Negligence or Abuse
Statute of Limitations Nev. Rev. Stat. Ann. §11-190
- Two years from when the injury was discovered, or reasonably should have been discovered.
Statute of Limitations Nev. Rev. Stat. Ann. §41A.097
- Three years after date of injury or one year from when the injury was discovered or reasonably should have been discovered, whichever period is shorter.
- This limitation is delayed for any period during which the provider concealed any act, error, or omission on which the claim is based.
Statute of Limitations Nev. Rev. Stat. Ann. §11.190
- Two years.
Damages Cap Nev. Rev. Stat. Ann. §§41A.035 and 42.005
- Non-economic damages for medical malpractice capped at $350,000.
- Punitive damages are capped at three times compensatory damages if they are greater than $100,000. If compensatory damages are less than $100,000, punitive damages are capped at $300,000.
- There is no cap on compensatory damages.
The information provided here was prepared by the Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for research and informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. While we try to keep this information current, the law is subject to change and it may not be reflected here immediately.
The Pintas & Mullins Law Firm expressly disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the information provided. If you have a legal question or problem, please consult an attorney immediately.