It will not cost you any money up front to hire a mesothelioma lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm. We work on a contingency basis, which means we only get paid if we successfully recover compensation on your behalf.
As our client, you will never pay the following:
- Upfront fees
- Hourly or daily fees
- Out-of-pocket costs
A member of our team can evaluate your case at no cost or obligation.
How a Mesothelioma Lawyer Can Help You
You do not have to hire a lawyer to pursue compensation for negligence related to mesothelioma, a life-threatening cancer most often caused by asbestos exposure. However, liability and negligence laws are complex. You may find yourself with more questions than answers and inadvertently jeopardize your opportunity to recover compensation.
A lawyer who accepts mesothelioma cases can help guide you through this legal process. Depending on your personal history, you could find that you are entitled to compensation for such damages as:
- Medical treatment and care, including surgery, hospitalization, medications, and assistive devices and equipment, such as oxygen.
- Lifecare expenses if you need help with daily activities.
- Loss of income, benefits, and annuities.
- Diminished quality of life.
- Pain and suffering.
- Loss of companionship or consortium.
Surviving family members may be entitled to compensation for the wrongful death of a parent, spouse, or child due to mesothelioma.
How You Could Recover Compensation for Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma is a type of cancer that primarily attacks the lining of your lungs. Asbestos exposure typically causes mesothelioma. Asbestos is a generic term for fibers made of naturally occurring minerals. For years, many industries relied on asbestos for construction, shipbuilding, automobile manufacturing, and dozens of consumer products.
Asbestos is not commonly used today—it was classified as a carcinogen (a cancer-causing substance) in the 1970s. Many people do not realize that they were exposed to asbestos until they have symptoms of mesothelioma years later.
If you were not informed of possible asbestos exposure, or if you were not given proper protective equipment, you could be entitled to compensation from the negligent party.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 307-3113
Determining Liability and Negligence for Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma lawsuits are part of personal injury law. This legal action seeks compensation from the liable party to be awarded to the injured party, known as the plaintiff.
If you believe that negligence contributed to your mesothelioma diagnosis, it is up to you to prove liability. This can be daunting if you are seeking compensation by yourself.
On the other hand, a mesothelioma lawyer has the resources to examine the circumstances of your situation, including:
- Secure medical records and prognosis from your healthcare provider.
- Obtain proof that you were exposed to asbestos.
- Get statements from medical, vocational, and financial experts to explain how the illness has caused your physical and emotional injuries and to determine monetary damages.
A lawyer can demonstrate that the preponderance of the evidence establishes liability. They can then seek damages from all liable parties.
Four Elements of Liability
All personal injury cases are required to prove these four elements of liability:
- Duty of care: the other party (or defendant) owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures to prevent you from harm.
- Breach of duty: the defendant breached this duty of care in some manner (for example, not providing an air-purifying respirator if you were removing asbestos from an old building).
- Causation: this breach of duty caused your injuries, including a diagnosis of mesothelioma.
- Damages: these injuries resulted in damages and personal loss in the form of medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
A Lawyer Can Help You Recover Financial Awards
One of the most common questions that new clients ask is whether their case will have to go to court. Since there is an established link between asbestos exposure and mesothelioma, many defendants prefer to settle quietly, without going to trial.
A mesothelioma lawyer can help you with a detailed claim for compensation from a few sources, including:
- Asbestos trust funds
- Social Security
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Personal injury or wrongful death lawsuits
You have the right to hire a lawyer for:
- New claims
- Disputed claims
- Filing a lawsuit
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Everyone Deserves Legal Representation Regardless of Ability to Pay
You will pay no upfront costs to hire a mesothelioma lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm. We can review your case for free, and if we think we can help you, you pay nothing unless and until we recover compensation for you.
Call (800) 307-3113 for a free consultation with a team member.