Approximately 1.3 million employees in the construction industry have faced significant asbestos exposure at some point on the job. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, consult an attorney right away.
Our team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm has decades of experience in fighting asbestos companies. We have successfully recovered millions of dollars in 10,000+ cases for personal injury victims. We have traveled to represent clients in all 50 states.
Mesothelioma Lawyer FAQs
If you or a loved one is suffering from mesothelioma, you may find the answers to these questions helpful as you decide what to do next. If you don’t find the information you need here, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Do I Qualify to File a Mesothelioma Lawsuit?
Mesothelioma patients who were exposed to asbestos may qualify to file a lawsuit. Your eligibility depends on a few variables, including your history of exposure to products containing asbestos and your documented medical records confirming your diagnosis.
As in any personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, a mesothelioma lawsuit must establish that the defendant owed you a duty of care and is responsible for your mesothelioma diagnosis and the damages you and your family suffered as a result of your diagnosis.
How Can a Mesothelioma Lawyer Help?
Mesothelioma lawyers help patients diagnosed with the disease and their loved ones hold asbestos companies responsible for the harm and losses they have caused. Here are some of the ways a mesothelioma attorney at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can help you with your case:
- File a mesothelioma lawsuit for you
- Retrieve vital documents, including medical records and evidence to establish asbestos exposure
- Identify and fight for financial compensation that covers medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages related to your mesothelioma diagnosis.
- Build a compelling case that is based on mesothelioma law
- Handle communication with insurance companies, other law firms, and the defendants on your behalf
- Manage your case starting with a free case review all the way to the resolution of your case, whether via settlement, court decision, or an asbestos trust fund claim
What Conditions Affect Your Mesothelioma Settlement?
Other variables that could affect a mesothelioma settlement include:
- The severity of the disease
- Cost of therapy and support
- Related travel expenses
- Funeral and burial costs in a wrongful death case
- Pain and suffering
How Long Does a Mesothelioma Lawsuit Take?
Having a mesothelioma lawyer working on your case can make the settlement process take less time. Depending on the specific details of your case, your settlement could be in the six-figure range. The settlement process could take anywhere from a few months to a few years.
How Do I Find the Right Mesothelioma Lawyer?
The best mesothelioma lawyers are those who are familiar with mesothelioma cases, communicate with you regularly, and can represent you from start to finish. A mesothelioma attorney should have these qualities:
- Familiarity with mesothelioma law and asbestos litigation
- Knowledge of mesothelioma, asbestos, asbestos-containing products, and companies commonly named in asbestos litigation
- Ability to navigate the legal process, including settlements, lawsuits, and asbestos trust funds
- Equipped with the resources necessary to build mesothelioma cases
- Responsive to your questions and needs
- Serves clients nationwide
- Represents clients in both personal injury and wrongful death cases
- Record of recovering financial compensation for clients
Questions to Ask Your Mesothelioma Lawyer
Before you commit to an attorney, ask questions about your case, mesothelioma law, and how the law firm can help you. Here are some of the questions you should ask mesothelioma law firms:
- Do your lawyers have experience representing clients in mesothelioma lawsuits?
- Is your law firm equipped to retrieve evidence and build a case that proves liability?
- Does your law firm have experience fighting for financial compensation in personal injury and wrongful death cases?
- Will your lawyers file a lawsuit and handle my case from start to finish?
- Are your attorneys and legal team regularly available to answer my questions?
- Do you offer free mesothelioma case reviews?
Finding a top mesothelioma lawyer who is equipped to handle your case or that of your loved one can be crucial to getting the compensation you deserve.
What Damages Can You Claim in a Mesothelioma Case?
The value of mesothelioma cases varies depending on a number of factors, including the medical expenses that patients and their loved ones experience. Some examples of medical expenses that could affect a mesothelioma lawsuit include:
- Cost of treatment
- Diagnosis and other tests
- Ongoing care
- Lost wages during treatment and recovery
- Reduced earning capacity due to the disease
- Permanent wage losses related to mesothelioma
- Loss of benefits, pension, and other employment-related expenses
These are just a few of the many variables that might affect the financial compensation recovered in a mesothelioma lawsuit. Your mesothelioma lawyer can review your case and file a mesothelioma lawsuit that accounts for all of the damages related to your case.
What Is an Asbestos Trust?
For a free legal consultation with a Mesothelioma Lawyer serving nationwide, call (800) 217-6099
Companies facing significant asbestos lawsuits are often forced into bankruptcy. Under the U.S. bankruptcy code, these companies can reorganize and create an asbestos bankruptcy trust system to fund injury claims. The trusts are funded with the company’s assets, and victims are paid outside the court system.
Mesothelioma Lawyer Near Me (800) 217-6099
Asbestos bankruptcy trusts currently hold more than $30 billion. If you are hesitant to contact a mesothelioma attorney because the company responsible for your injuries is bankrupt, know that financial help may be available to you through an asbestos trust fund.
Top Employers Involved in Mesothelioma Cases
Click to contact our Mesothelioma Lawyers today
At least one company in nearly every American industry is now involved in asbestos litigation. Some companies are more frequently involved in mesothelioma lawsuits than others. This is not a coincidence – companies like Johns Manville suppressed their knowledge of the hazards of asbestos for decades.
Some employers commonly named in asbestos litigation include:
- AK Steel Holding Corp.
- Allegheny Energy Inc.
- American Biltrite Inc. (ABI)
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp.
- CenterPoint Energy Inc.
- Chase Corp.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron (CB&I)
- Circor International Inc.
- Columbus McKinnon Corp.
- Corning, Inc.
- Covidien PLC
- CSX Transportation
- Cytec Industries, Inc.
- Dana Holding Company
- Deere & Company
- DPL Inc.
- DXP Enterprises Inc.
- Ensco International PLC
- ExxonMobil Corp.
- Flowserve Corp.
- GenCorp Inc.
- General Motors
- Global Power Equipment Group Inc.
- Goodrich Corp.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Graham Corp.
- Hexion Specialty Chemicals Inc.
- Imperial Industries Inc.
- ITT Corp. with subsidiary Goulds Pumps Inc.
- Katy Industries Inc.
- Ladish Co. Inc.
- Leslie Controls Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Maremont Corp., a subsidiary of ArvinMeritor, Inc.
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MLIC)
- Mine Safety Appliance Company
- Minerals Technologies, Inc.
- Olin Corp.
- Owens-Illinois Inc.
- Quaker Chemical Corp.
- Rogers Corp.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
- Spectrum Brands, Inc.
- Standard Motor Products, Inc.
- Transocean Ltd.
- Trimas Corp.
- TRW Automotive Holdings Corp.
- Tyco International Ltd.
- S. Steel Corp.
- Union Carbide Corp.
- WR Grace & Company
Are You Eligible for Mesothelioma Compensation Through an Asbestos Trust?
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Thousands of mesothelioma and other asbestos-related injury victims receive compensation through trust funds. In 2008, victims of asbestos-related illnesses were provided about $3.3 billion through asbestos trust funds. The median trust payout for a victim of mesothelioma was $180,000.
About two-thirds of trust payments go to mesothelioma claims.
You may be able to file a claim and seek compensation for your injuries, regardless of the negligent company’s ability to stay financially viable. Our mesothelioma lawyers will explain your legal options and determine whether you are eligible for compensation via an asbestos trust fund.
How Much Compensation Do You Get for Mesothelioma?
Are you wondering how much you may be entitled to in your mesothelioma claim? Here are some of the results our mesothelioma lawyers have secured for our clients:
- $2.69 million for the family of an 80-year-old man diagnosed with mesothelioma with no previous illnesses. He worked for Henry Pratt Company, making asbestos-containing valves for 30 years.
- $2.5 million for a woman who lost her left lung to mesothelioma after working for Hostess Bakery for 25 years, where asbestos was present and removed in the 1990s. She was 65-years-old when doctors found mesothelioma in her lungs.
- $1.7 million to an Illinois man diagnosed with mesothelioma. Our client passed away before he could receive the full benefits of his settlements from the companies responsible for his exposure; his wife survives him.
- $2.6 million for the children of a woman who died from mesothelioma at 77 years old. Her husband was a welder and died of lung cancer.
- $2.7 million settlement for a Navy veteran who worked as a fireman and boilerman
- $3.6 million for a man diagnosed with mesothelioma
- $2.7 million for a man diagnosed with mesothelioma
- This 75-year-old woman was diagnosed with mesothelioma due to asbestos exposure. She had not smoked for 20-30 years but had been employed in the brakes division at BorgWarner for 15 years, and we secured a settlement of $2,626,500.
- $3.8 million settlement for a Navy veteran diagnosed with mesothelioma. Our client did industrial work in the 1950s when asbestos was at its peak.
Contact an Experienced Mesothelioma Lawyer You Can Trust
With over five decades of combined experience, the mesothelioma lawyers from Pintas & Mullins Law Firm have extensive knowledge about many types of toxic substance cases, especially asbestos exposure.
Our clients trust us because we have a collective 50 years of experience. We have a vast database of companies, products, occupations, and sites that used asbestos across the country. When you work with us, award-winning advocacy is just a phone call away.