Yes, it is worth hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer if you were harmed in a motorcycle accident that another motorist caused. Navigating the legal system alone can be a difficult undertaking for anyone. A motorcycle accident lawyer will have a deep understanding of the law and can take on every aspect of your case while you focus on recuperating. Your health should be your top priority—not dealing with legal matters.
The days, weeks, and months following a motorcycle accident can be distressing to walk through without guidance. You should not have to worry about back-and-forth phone calls with insurance companies, rising medical bills, or repair or replacement costs for your bike. The negligent motorist who is responsible for your motorcycle accident should pay for your losses. A motorcycle accident lawyer can identify the party liable for your damages and work to hold them accountable, so they can secure a fair financial award for you.
Building Your Motorcycle Accident Case
The sooner you file a claim or lawsuit, the better—but if you have serious injuries, attending to them is most important. Do not put your recovery aside to get the ball rolling with your case. Seeking prompt medical care not only protects your health but can also provide valuable evidence of your injuries.
While you are healing, a motorcycle accident lawyer can handle numerous duties to help build your case. These may include:
- Speaking with your doctor and obtaining medical records to establish the link between your injuries and the accident
- Acquiring the police report, which will likely hold important information regarding the accident
- Collecting pictures, videos, and/or audio footage taken directly after the accident
- Talking to eyewitnesses and documenting any relevant information they provide
- Calculating your damages
- Contacting either your insurance company or the at-fault party’s insurance company, depending on whether you live in a “fault” or “no-fault” state (according to the Insurance Information Institute (III), 12 states and Puerto Rico have no-fault insurance laws)
- Taking your case to court if the insurance adjuster will not agree to the settlement you deserve
- Communicating with the other party and their lawyer on your behalf
- Filing a claim and/or lawsuit and submitting paperwork before any deadlines
Building a solid case takes time. The sooner you reach out, the sooner you may receive a monetary award that helps you get back on your feet. By allowing a motorcycle accident lawyer to take the reins in your case, you can rest assured that your legal matters are being handled properly as you recover. Your lawyer can keep you informed about the progress of your case and answer any questions you may have throughout the process.
Let a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Fight to Recover Your Losses
When you are involved in a motorcycle accident that was caused by a negligent party, you should not be expected to pay for medical bills and other losses you endured through no fault of your own.
Typical losses associated with motorcycle accidents include:
- Medical expenses, such as doctor’s visits, surgical procedures, and prescription medications
- Damage to your motorcycle and/or any personal belongings you had with you at the time of the accident
- Physical and psychological therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Ongoing care costs
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Funeral expenses, if you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident
Contact Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Today
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), nearly 5,000 motorcyclists were killed in 2018. While this was a slight decrease from the year before, the organization states that “motorcycle riders are still overrepresented in traffic fatalities.”
Motorcyclists are often more vulnerable on the road than other motorists. When you are badly hurt in an accident that a careless motorist caused, it is worth hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer to help you seek justice.
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm are dedicated to helping accident victims receive the compensation they are entitled to. We work on a contingency basis, which means you do not pay any fees unless we win your case. Contact our team today at (800) 223-5115 to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can help.