How much a rear-end motorcycle accident is worth depends on the extent of damages, as well as the amount awarded in court. Every accident is different, and while some minor accidents could result in minimal damage, more severe accidents can lead to serious injuries, property loss, and even fatalities. The more severe the damages, the more you may be able to collect by filing a successful claim. Hiring a lawyer is also beneficial for some victims, as a team of legal professionals could help you navigate the claim process and maximize recoverable compensation.
Causes of Rear-End Motorcycle Accidents
In the United States alone, nearly 5,000 people lose their lives in motorcycle accidents each year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). If you were involved in a rear-end motorcycle accident, there are several factors at play that could have led to your accident. The resulting suffering you are experiencing may not have been your fault. Some causes of rear-end motorcycle accidents include but are not limited to the following:
- Speeding: Speeding is dangerous and a leading cause of all types of accidents. Not only does speeding make vehicles difficult to control but it can also decrease the amount of time a driver has to react to hazards on the road. Speeding also creates a tremendous amount of force that can make accidents particularly damaging. If you think speeding played a role in your accident, you could have legal options available.
- Mechanical Failure: All vehicles on the road are required by state and federal guidelines to be safe enough to drive. Failure to have a vehicle inspected or driving a knowingly unsafe vehicle can lead to accidents. This form of negligence could have contributed to your motorcycle accident.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is becoming an increasingly significant problem on the roads with the prevalence of cell phones and other technology. Distracted driving causes approximately 400,000 injuries annually, according to the NHTSA.
- DUI: If another driver was operating a vehicle while under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other impairing substances, this is both illegal and dangerous. Driving under the influence causes thousands of accidents, injuries, and deaths every year in the United States.
- Improperly Maintained Roadways: While you might take safe roadways for granted, the truth is that governing agencies sometimes fail to properly maintain the roads. A pothole, fallen sign, improperly treated highway after a snowstorm, and other forms of negligence can put you in danger and could be to blame for your motorcycle accident.
Following your accident, you could be wondering if there is anything you can do to hold those responsible accountable. Determining liability is an important factor in whether or not you have grounds to pursue legal action.
A motorcycle accident can cause many different types of suffering, loss, and damages. You could be suffering financially due to property loss, emotionally from the trauma of your accident, or physically with serious injuries. The type of losses you are experiencing, as well as their severity, could play a role in the amount a rear-end motorcycle accident is worth.
Potentially Recoverable Compensation
Potentially recoverable compensation for rear-end motorcycle accidents varies on a case by case basis, but if you are successful in your claim, you could recover:
- Reimbursement for past and future medical expenses
- Reimbursement for legal fees
- Damages for your pain, suffering, and emotional trauma
- Lost wages if you were unable to work as a result of your accident
- Compensation for property damage to your vehicle or other items of value
The amount a rear-end motorcycle accident is worth in terms of damages depends on your case, and if you are interested in learning more about potentially recoverable compensation, you can hire legal counsel.
What You Can Do Next
If you would like to learn more about how much a rear-end motorcycle accident is worth during a free, no-obligation consultation, the team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can help answer your questions.
Dealing with the aftermath of your accident is surely challenging in many ways, but taking legal action can help you find closure by seeking the compensation you deserve.
Remember that many jurisdictions have a statute of limitations, so act today so you do not miss out on your chance for justice. Call (800) 223-5115 or click here to learn more.