Our lives would not be the same without 18-wheeler trucks that transport goods and products in and out of Rockford, IL. Most of these drivers are careful and take reasonable care to avoid causing an accident.
However, 18-wheeler truck accidents do happen. When they do, there is a greater likelihood of severe injury, tremendous property damage, and sadly, loss of life.
Contact Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today if you or a family member was hurt in this type of collision. A Rockford 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer can explain your rights and help you understand potential compensation for your injuries and damages.
Call a member of our legal team today at (800) 794-0444 for a free consultation.
What a Rockford 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Lawyer Does for You
Your life is different now, after the accident. You may in the hospital or at home with an extended recuperation and recovery ahead. It is difficult and understandable if you are stressed by mounting medical bills and other expenses.
It can be difficult to know who to turn to after an accident. A Rockford 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer can discuss the details of your case and pursue compensation for your losses. At Pintas & Mullins Law Firm we offer you:
- A free consultation at your home, the hospital, our office, or by telephone.
- No recovery, no fee legal representation – you pay nothing upfront.
- A thorough analysis of your case, from identifying liable parties to assessing value for your losses.
- Frequent updates on your case
You should not have to pay for damages caused by someone else’s error or recklessness. Our lawyers can help build a strong case to reach a fair settlement on your behalf.
How We Determine if You Could Pursue Damages
Unlike a criminal case, the burden of proof for an accident case is not based “beyond a reasonable doubt” but rather the preponderance of evidence.
In other words, whether it is more likely than not that the other party caused your injuries.
A lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm will look for evidence of liability, such as:
- Poor driving history and prior violations
- On-board digital information from the truck’s computer system
- Witness statements
- Police and accident reports
- Photos, videos, and physical evidence from the accident scene
- Safety and maintenance records
- Driver’s training and performance evaluations
Our firm has the resources to diligently and objectively review all the evidence and testimony. We can then move forward to seek compensation from the liable parties. Contact us today for a free case evaluation so that you may take the next step forward in holding the responsible party in your accident accountable.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler truck accidents lawyer serving Rockford, call (800) 794-0444
We Accept Many Types of Truck Accidents
There were 11,732 accidents involving 18-wheeler trucks in Illinois in 2017, according to the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Crash Facts & Statistics report.
As 18-wheeler truck accident lawyers, we can investigate whether the at-fault party involved:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving (falling asleep at the wheel)
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Multiple vehicle accidents (pileups)
- Accidents caused by excessive or improperly loaded cargo
- Defective tire or manufacturer parts accidents
- Accidents caused by dangerous road conditions
- Jackknife accidents
- Hit and run accidents
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can take on your case if you were involved in an accident as a motorist, bicyclist, motorcycle rider, or pedestrian.
Rockford 18-Wheeler Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
We Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
A Rockford 18-wheeler truck accident attorney can help you understand the facts of your case and whether you can seek compensation due to someone else’s negligence.
You may be eligible to recover damages such as:
- Medical care and treatment (ongoing and future)
- Lost pay for the time you were injured
- Diminished pay if your injuries will affect future earnings
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
A lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm will consult with your doctor or healthcare provider to understand the extent of your injuries and how they affect your life today and in the future. We can pursue additional compensation if you are disabled, disfigured, or will have lifelong medical issues related to the accident.
There Are Different Types of Liability
Illinois has a complex system of liability and negligence laws. The court recognizes different levels and types of liability, such as:
- Direct liability or the party directly responsible for your injuries.
- Vicarious liability refers to an established relationship with the direct party, such as an employer.
For example, our lawyers will examine the role that the trucking company may have had in your injuries. We will determine if the company properly vetted and trained the driver, or if they regularly maintained the equipment, depending on the facts of your case.
Factors in Liability and Negligence
There are four elements to seek damages after an accident or personal injury:
- The other party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures of safety and caution.
- The other party breached this duty of care in some manner, such as speeding.
- This negligence caused your injuries.
- You now have damages such as medical bills and emotional trauma.
For a free case evaluation call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today. You may be eligible for compensation and there is no obligation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call an 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Lawyer Today
You only have two years from the date of the accident to take legal action according to the statute of limitations for personal injury in Illinois. This is not much time when you consider that many personal injury lawsuits begin as insurance claims.
We can negotiate for a fair settlement but there is no guarantee that the other side will act in good faith. We can also take your case to trial if necessary.
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today for a free case evaluation at (800) 794-0444. A member of our team is standing by to discuss the details of your case. There is no obligation.