Speeding on highways or other roads can easily lead to a severe traffic collision. Did you or a loved one suffer serious injuries from a car or truck speeding too fast for conditions? If so, there may be an opportunity for you to receive compensation for your injuries and damages.
Contact a Los Angeles traveling too fast for conditions lawyer to get direction with filing a claim. At Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, we handle personal injury cases related to car accidents. Call us at (800) 794-0444 for help with your potential case.
Reasons for Car Accidents
Some car accidents in the United States are avoidable and are generally caused by errors in judgment. To avoid getting into a deadly car crash, drivers have to follow safe driving guidelines. In doing so, drivers can help reduce the amount of speed-related accidents involving trucks, cars, and motorcyclists. Here are some of the reasons why accidents happen.
- Reckless driving: Accidents can happen as a result of drivers who drive recklessly without care for their fellow drivers. These drivers travel too fast for conditions, abruptly change lanes, or swerve all over the road.
- Alcohol- or drug-impaired driving: One cause of accidents stems from drivers impaired by alcohol or drugs. Some drivers convince themselves that they are “OK to drive,” and proceed to operate a car while they remain over the legal limit for blood-alcohol content.
- Distracted driving: The rise of mobile phone usage in our society in recent years has led to distracted driving accidents. A ping on a mobile device can cause a driver to look away from the road, and this can cause multiple accidents in a split second, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Some states have enacted distracted driving laws to protect people against those who break the law.
- Speeding: Drivers may routinely ignore speed limits, and this causes other drivers to needlessly move out of the way of the driver.
- Poor weather conditions: Drivers can get into accidents in poor weather conditions like snow, rain, and fog. Safe driving during these types of weather can help reduce the number of accidents.
- Night Driving: More car accidents may occur at night rather than during the day because nighttime driving can cause drowsiness and reduced visibility.
These only represent some reasons why car accidents occur. Your accident will have unique features and details to consider.
Fatalities in Car and Truck Crashes
Thousands of lives are taken each year due to fatal car crashes involving drivers who are speeding well over speed limits or driving recklessly, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Some of these crashes result in fatalities to one or both drivers involved.
If you have been involved in a car crash that involved drivers who were traveling too fast for conditions, you have a right to hire a Los Angeles traveling too fast for conditions lawyer. The lawyers at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm may help you figure out a strategy to make a claim for damages and compensation from your accident.
For a free legal consultation with a traveling too fast for conditions accidents lawyer serving Los Angeles, call (800) 794-0444
Guidelines for Truck Drivers
Truck drivers should be especially aware that traveling too fast for conditions can cause major accidents. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration sets strict regulations for all truck drivers who operate a commercial-owned vehicle. Under these regulations, truckloads must not exceed certain weight limits, drivers must retain a certain amount of rest between stops, and trucking companies must maintain their vehicles for safe performance.
Adhering to the guidelines can help reduce accidents with cars and trucks on U.S. highways. Trucking associations, for example, can limit the hours worked by truck drivers and offer more reliable driving schedules for truck drivers.
If truck drivers or trucking companies do not adhere to these state and federal regulations, their actions that lead to a car accident may qualify as driver negligence. In this case, you may pursue compensation from them for your injuries and losses.
Los Angeles Traveling Too Fast for Conditions Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
Filing a Claim or Lawsuit After an Accident
In the event of a serious car or truck crash, a person can choose to work with an attorney to file an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. A lawyer may first choose to negotiate with your insurance company or the insurer or the negligent driver to seek fair compensation. If an insurance policy does not cover your losses fairly, then you may choose to pursue other courses of legal action.
A lawyer may help you file a personal injury lawsuit. These types of lawsuits may help a victim recover financial compensation for injuries or losses suffered, as well as hold negligent companies responsible for any types of errors or mistakes by working drivers. Filing a personal injury lawsuit can be the path to a monetary award. You do not have an unlimited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit, though, Under 735 ILCS 5/13-202, you generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Reach Out to Pintas & Mullins Law Firm
You do not have to suffer the consequences of a car accident that resulted from no fault of your own. You have a right to legal representation, whether filing an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit.
A Los Angeles traveling too fast for conditions lawyer at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm may handle your case. Call us at (800) 794-0444 for help with your potential case.