According to the American Pet Products Association (APPA), approximately 63 million households own a dog in the United States. While most dogs would never lash out at a human, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that around 4.5 million dog bite cases occur each year. While many dog bite cases are minor, if you have been injured after a dog bite in Wattles Garden Park, you know that dogs have the potential to cause serious harm when they are not properly supervised. After all, physical injuries aside, even a brief visit to the emergency room can result in thousands of dollars of medical bills.
Whether the dog in question had an owner or not, your pain and suffering should not go unnoticed and unpunished. A Los Angeles Wattles Garden Park dog bite lawyer can be there to help hold the negligent parties responsible for allowing this attack to happen. By fighting to protect your right to compensation after a dog bite case, the legal team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm hopes to give you a chance to find a new sense of normal after such a needless act of negligence. After all you have been through, we will be happy to pursue a legal claim while you take the time to continue focusing on your recovery.
To learn more about our dog bite services in Los Angeles, contact a Pintas & Mullins Law Firm representative today for your free consultation at (800) 816-0755.
Determining Who Was Negligent in Your Dog Bite Case
In most cases, assuming that the dog is owned, their owner may be found at least partially liable for your pain and suffering. Even so, proving fault may be difficult, as the responsible parties may use any number of excuses for why the attack took place. Ultimately, the owner’s recklessness, negligence, or otherwise wrongdoing will all play a factor in determining their overall culpability. Every instance will be examined on a case-by-case basis by a Los Angeles Wattles Garden Park dog bite lawyer so that the truth can be revealed in a court of law, assuming that the guilty parties do not attempt to settle out of court.
If the party is found to be liable, your lawyer will fight to see to it that you are compensated for every aspect of your hardships, including any financial, physical, and mental suffering. Factors that will be called into question for compensation can include, but may not be limited to:
- Medical bills, including medications, surgeries, and prosthetics (In some cases, plastic surgery to fix scarring will be considered.)
- Ongoing care, including transportation services for those who have become unable to operate machinery due to their injuries
- A loss of future work and a loss of past wages due to the recovery time or a newfound disability from the injuries
- Loss of connection between loved ones or other forms of mental anguish, including any mental illness, such as anxiety or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), brought on by the attack
- Any other financial hardships faced, such as missed car payments or other bills that the victim has fallen behind on due to their pain and suffering
- And more
The dog bite attorneys at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm have handled cases in dog parks all around Los Angeles, and we have worked with countless families who have had their lives forever altered in a split second. Dogs should not be made out to be the villains; it is their negligent owners and even the park itself that should have acted more wisely before an attack like this occurred. No matter how minor or severe your injuries may be, you should not have been put in this position to begin with. That is why our attorneys continue to fight for victims’ rights to compensation after injustices like these.
To learn more, you can receive your free consultation with a Pintas & Mullins Law Firm team member by calling today.
Steps to Take in a Dog Bite Case
Regardless of the severity of your injuries, it is never ill-advised to seek immediate medical attention after a dog bite. Your health should always come above all else. Depending on the area where you were bitten, the bite could quickly turn deadly. However, if you feel up to it, try to take a picture of the dog and their owner if possible, as they may attempt to flee the scene.
Further steps you can take include:
- Calling the police to provide further documentation of the incident scene
- Getting the names and contact information of eyewitnesses
- Contacting a dog bite lawyer to help give you legal guidance moving forward, including how to deal with any insurance companies that may attempt to make a settlement with you or try to find out more details about your injuries
- Keeping all medical documents and bills that accrue during the course of your recovery, as these may serve as a starting point if negotiations begin for a settlement or court judgment
For a free legal consultation with a Wattles Garden Park Lawyer serving Los Angeles, call (800) 816-0755
A Los Angeles Wattles Garden Park Dog Bite Lawyer Will Fight for Compensation
While you can file a claim yourself without legal counsel, a Los Angeles Wattles Garden Park dog bite lawyer can help give you the peace of mind of knowing that there is an entire team of attorneys working to investigate and prove your case so you can potentially get the compensation you deserve. Here at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, we want our potential clients to know that they will have legal counsel on their side every step of the way, helping them navigate the world of personal injury law. At the end of the day, we want you to be able to move past this event with confidence.
For your free consultation with a Pintas & Mullins Law Firm team member, call today at (800) 816-0755.