In an off-leash dog park, dog owners remain responsible for supervising their animals and doing everything they can to maintain the safety of other visitors. If you or a loved one suffer a dog bite at Sepulveda Basin Off-Leash Dog Park in Encino, you can hold the dog’s owner financially responsible for their pet’s actions.
Do not allow a negligent dog owner to create a financial hardship for you because of the harmful actions of their pet. A Los Angeles Sepulveda Basin Off-Leash Dog Park dog bite lawyer can help you file a claim to collect financial compensation from the dog’s owner. Explore the possibility of financial recovery with a team member at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm by calling (800) 794-0444 today.
Understand the Important Role Time Plays in Your Compensation Claim
When you, your child, or another family member is injured by a dog bite while visiting Los Angeles Sepulveda Basin Off-Leash Dog Park, you have options for physical and financial recovery. Time can play a significant role in your options for a variety of reasons.
- California Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1 limits your time to hold the owner of the at-fault dog responsible to two years from the date of the attack. If you exceed this time limit before filing your claim, your claim could no longer be valid.
- The time it takes to recover from a particularly vicious dog bite might interfere with your ability to act right away. If that happens, you can ask a trusted loved one to work on your behalf.
- California Penal Code § 398 requires the dog owner to provide you with their contact information and dog tag number within 48 hours of the attack. However, dog owners sometimes shirk their responsibility. An inability to locate or identify the dog that bit you could increase your need to receive lengthy and costly treatment to prevent contracting a potentially fatal rabies infection.
Our legal team can help you understand how important time is to your claim for financial recovery. We can also help ensure your claim is complete, comprehensive, and filed in accordance with state guidelines and timelines.
Understand the Value of a Dog Bite Lawyer
A Los Angeles Sepulveda Basin Off-Leash Dog Park dog bite lawyer can play an essential role in holding the owner of the dog that caused your injuries liable for your injury-related expenses. There are numerous benefits to hiring a lawyer to present your compensation claim:
- They gather evidence and supporting documentation that builds a comprehensive claim for financial compensation. If needed, they can conduct an independent investigation into the incident that led to your dog bite injuries.
- They work hard to ensure that your claim is not undervalued by evaluating your employment records and medical bills to assign a combined current and future value to your case.
- Many personal injury lawyers, like those at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, work on a contingency fee basis that does not require any upfront or out-of-pocket payments from you. Instead, we accept a fee only if we secure a financial award for you.
We do not shy away from tough cases or leave our clients alone in their determination to hold a dog owner responsible for the injuries their dog inflicted on you. You may need support throughout the often-complex process of filing a personal injury claim. Call us today to get started.
For a free legal consultation with a sepulveda basin off-leash dog park lawyer serving Los Angeles, call (800) 794-0444
Locate and Assign Liability to the Negligent Dog Owner
While a visit to Los Angeles Sepulveda Basin Off-Leash Dog Park or any of the city’s off-leash dog parks provides freedom for visiting dogs to run and play, it does not relieve dog owners of financial liability if their pet bites you or your loved one.
The City of Los Angeles has enacted many rules for dog parks, including off-leash parks, to supplement state laws that:
- Assign strict liability to dog owners after their pet bites another person in a public place (CIV § 3342).
- Require dog owners to provide contact information and license tag numbers to bite victims.
Having the dog owner’s contact information and the dog’s tag information provides important details about the dog’s health. If you or a member of your family suffered injuries after being bitten in a local dog park, you may be entitled to compensation from the dog’s owner. After the attack, the information provided by the dog owner will help you start building a claim for financial recovery.
Los Angeles Sepulveda Basin Off-Leash Dog Park Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
Include All Expenses and Losses in Your Settlement Negotiations
Our legal team is committed to your success in recovering the expenses that result from a dog bite. We assign an initial value to your claim based on the cost of your medical care. That cost alone is multifaceted and can include reconstructing extensive wounds via cosmetic surgery, treating persistent infections, and controlling ongoing pain.
Other expenses we can help you recoup include employment or business income you lose when your dog bite injuries force you to miss time from your job or business. Because a dog bite is an attack on you directly, it can leave you with emotional trauma and fears that might require ongoing therapeutic support.
When we assign a value to your compensation claim, we take all damages into account as we seek the fair compensation to which you may be entitled without incurring out-of-pocket expenses.
Representation at No Upfront Cost to You
Dog bites that you or your loved one suffered during a visit to Sepulveda Basin Off-Leash Dog Park should not be your financial responsibility. The owner of the dog that caused your injuries should pay for your treatment and other financial damages—not you or your family.
If you would like assistance identifying the dog’s owner and holding them financially liable for your dog bite injuries, a Los Angeles Sepulveda Basin Off-Leash Dog Park dog bite lawyer can support your claim for compensation. Contact the team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today by calling (800) 794-0444 for a free review of your case for financial compensation.