Branford Park is a great place to take your dog to play, but it can turn into a nightmare if you or a loved one is bitten by another dog. You could be entitled to compensation for emergency room care, prescriptions, and other damages.
Dog owners in California can be held liable for damages caused by their pet biting someone else who had a right to be there, including dog parks. A Los Angeles Branford Park dog bite lawyer can defend your legal rights and help you with an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Contact Pintas & Mullins Law Firm to learn more about compensatory damages after a dog bite. Call (800) 794-0444 for a free consultation with a member of our team.
Dog Bite Injuries Can Lead to Significant Damages
Dog bite injuries can be life-threatening, according to the Cleveland Clinic. Some dog bite victims suffer from nerve damage, muscle loss, and disfiguring scars.
There are other injuries associated with dog bites, including:
- Bacteria: Bacteria enter half of all dog bites.
- Rabies: Transmitted through a virus that is fatal when untreated.
- Tetanus: Can be deadly if you are not properly vaccinated.
- Other injuries: Torn or missing skin, tissue, and body parts, such as fingers or ears.
If you have extensive or severe injuries, you may need surgery, both emergency and plastic, or reconstructive. This medical care can easily run into tens of thousands of dollars or more. That is why you should not hesitate to consult with a Los Angeles Branford Park dog bite lawyer to learn more about compensation. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today for a free consultation.
Dog Owners Are Responsible for Their Pet
Dog owners have a legal obligation to compensate dog bite victims under certain conditions.
As long as the following circumstances are true of the attack, you might be able to recover compensation for your injuries under California Civil Code § 3342:
- The injuries and damages were caused by a dog bite, not from another kind of animal.
- The dog bite happened in a public place or in a private place where the victim was allowed or invited.
- The dog was not an official police or military service dog.
If you or a loved one was bitten at Branford Park, a public dog park in Los Angeles, you are likely entitled to compensation from the dog’s owner.
For a free legal consultation with an branford park lawyer serving Los Angeles, call (800) 794-0444
Hiring a Lawyer to Talk to the Insurance Adjuster
An insurance company is primarily interested in protecting themselves from claims. They know that most people do not have a full understanding of the compensation that may be available to them. You may have the right to full compensation for your medical bills, lost pay, and other damages, but the insurance company may not volunteer this information.
We encourage you to call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm before you give the dog owner’s insurance company any information because:
- You may inadvertently jeopardize your claim.
- You may be pressured into accepting a lowball or unacceptable claim.
- You may not have an accurate valuation of your damages for such expenses as future surgeries or additional treatment.
Just as you entrust your health to your medical provider, a dog bite lawyer will safeguard your legal rights for the best possible outcome of your case.
Los Angeles Branford Park Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
What We Do for You
As dog bite lawyers, we know how terrifying it is to experience the pain and suffering of such an injury. This experience is even more horrific for children who can develop post-traumatic stress disorder. You do not need to burden yourself further with the legal and time-consuming activities that are needed to pursue compensation.
A lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can help you recover damages by:
- Securing evidence such as witness statements, police or accident reports, photographs of your injuries, and medical information about your injuries.
- Contacting the dog owner’s insurance company.
- Valuating your damages for your physical and emotional injuries.
- Protecting your legal rights throughout the claims process or if it is in your best interest to go to trial.
We want to help you return to your normal life and activities. Our legal team will strive to reach an acceptable settlement, but we also will not hesitate to take your case to court if necessary.
Click to contact our Branford Park Lawyers today
We Protect Your Right to Compensation
A Los Angeles Branford Park dog bite lawyer can pursue all types of compensation available to you.
Depending on your injuries, prognosis, and other elements of your case, we can help you recover compensation:
- Medical bills (both past and future)
- Loss of wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Lifetime care (if you need domestic or medical assistance for long-term injuries or conditions)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
In some dog bite personal injury cases, the court may also award punitive damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Identifying all Liable Parties
If you were bitten by a dog, it is the owner who may be held accountable. However, there may be other liable parties.
Each case is unique, but it is possible for the following parties to be held accountable in certain situations:
- Dog handlers or caretakers
- Dog groomers
- Dog trainers
- Commercial property owners
A dog bite lawyer with the Pintas & Mullins Law Firm has a deep understanding of California’s complex liability and negligence laws. He or she will use this knowledge to help you recover compensation for your economic and emotional losses.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Our lawyers can help you recover damages for a dog bite on a contingency basis. This means that you can hire a Los Angeles Branford Park dog bite lawyer without paying upfront fees. To find out if you qualify for potential compensation for a dog bite, call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for a free consultation at (800) 794-0444.