If you or a loved one suffered a dog bite by someone’s dog while visiting Beverly Glen Park, the owner may be held liable for your injuries and damages.
California has specific laws for dog bite victims. However, these laws are complex, and time is of the essence to fully protect your rights. After you or your loved one receives medical care, it may be time to contact Pintas & Mullins Law Firm. You could be entitled to compensation.
For a free case review with a member of our team, call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today: (800) 794-0444.
How a Dog Owner May Be Liable
Dog owners have a duty to prevent their dog from harming someone. California Civil Code 3342 states that the “owner of any dog is liable for the damages suffered by any person who is bitten by the dog while in a public place or lawfully in a private place, including the property of the owner of the dog.” Obviously, Beverly Glen Park qualifies as a public place.
You may be entitled to compensation if a Los Angeles Beverly Glen Park dog bite lawyer proves that:
- The dog’s owner breached the required duty of care to prevent you from bodily injury.
- You have physical and/or emotional injuries.
- You have damages (such as medical bills) from these injuries.
It does not matter if the dog does not have a history of biting anyone else. If you or a loved one suffered bite injuries while at a dog park, any other public place, or anywhere else where you were legally allowed to be, the dog’s owner may be held liable.
What a Dog Bite Lawyer Can Do for You
Dog bites are traumatic, especially for children. It is important to follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations for wound care, antibiotics, and other necessary treatment. You might also want to seek counseling if you or your loved one is suffering from anxiety, insomnia, and other mental anguish.
You should not have to pay for a dog owner’s negligence. A Los Angeles Beverly Glen Park dog bite lawyer will protect your rights and help you recover damages.
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can:
- Establish the animal’s ownership
- Secure evidence
- Talk to witnesses
- Identify all responsible parties
- Report the dog bite to animal control authorities
- Obtain an incident report
- Secure relevant medical records and talk to your healthcare provider
Our lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis, so you do not pay anything up front. Let us take care of recovering damages while you focus on healing and feeling better. Call today for a free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a beverly glen park lawyer serving Los Angeles, call (800) 794-0444
We Can File a Claim for You or a Lawsuit if Necessary
Most dog bite cases do not have to go to trial. It is likely that you would be compensated by the owner’s homeowners or liability insurance. A lawyer with our firm will contact the insurance company on your behalf and file a claim.
You should know that some insurance companies are reluctant to pay claims. They may try to deny the claim on the grounds that you provoked the dog, or that your injuries are not serious. That is when it is helpful for you to have a strong legal advocate who can stand up to insurance adjusters and fight for your compensation. If the insurance company will not negotiate, Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can take your case to court. You have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to California Civil Code §335.1. If you try to file a lawsuit after this time, it will likely be dismissed.
Los Angeles Beverly Glen Park Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
Keep Proof of Your Damages for a Dog Bite
Please keep any receipt, bill, or other proof of financial loss related to the dog bite. For example:
- Insurance co-pay at your doctor’s office, urgent care or walk-in clinic, or emergency room
- Any bills not covered by insurance (or if you do not have insurance)
- Prescription medicine, bandages, and other expenses related to wound care
- Medical bills for surgery, including reconstructive and hospitalization
- Other medical expenses, including counseling
A Los Angeles dog bite lawyer will use your expenses, evidence, and documentation to seek damages.
Compensatory Damages That Could Be Recovered
You have already suffered from the physical and emotional trauma of a dog bite. A lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm will work to hold the dog’s owner accountable.
You could recover damages such as:
- Medical care and treatment
- Lost pay while you were recovering from the injury
- Any property damage related to the bite (for example, if you dropped your cell phone during the attack)
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement, such as scarring
If you lost a loved one because of dog bite injuries, we may seek compensation through a wrongful death claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Playing it Safe at Beverly Glen Park
Dog owners have specific legal obligations when their dog bites someone. They also are expected to comply with Los Angeles County Municipal Codes when they bring their dog(s) to Beverly Glen Park or to other dog parks in the area.
These codes include:
- All dogs must be over four months old and spayed or neutered.
- Dogs cannot be unattended – owners cannot drop their dogs off and pick them up later.
It is up to the owners to ensure that everyone has a safe experience.
Contact Us After a Dog Bite
A Los Angeles Beverly Glen Park dog bite lawyer can help you recover damages if you suffered a dog bite at the park. For a free case review, call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today and speak with a team member: (800) 794-0444.