If you or a loved one experienced an accident with a semi truck, a Joliet semi truck accident lawyer at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can help. Give us a call for a free consultation today with a member of our team: (800) 794-0444.
Your Semi Truck Accident Claim Options
When you work with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, our lawyers want to fight for justice and a fair financial award on your behalf. If we cannot reach a legal settlement with an insurance company, we will fight for your rights in court. When you are in an accident with a semi truck, you will probably want to consider one of the following types of claims: personal injury or property damage. There are nuances to every case that make everyone’s situation unique, but our lawyers will determine that when our work starts with you.
In a personal injury case, you will pursue damages that compensate you for hospital bills, medication costs, and follow-up doctor’s visits. You may also be able to file for compensation if you missed any work, or if you will be out of work due to the injury.
It is important to remember that like most car accidents, an injury after an accident with a semi truck could take a long time to become apparent. This is why it could be helpful to work with a Joliet semi truck accident lawyer from our team. We can give you our legal advice for your particular situation.
Wrongful Death Cases
A wrongful death case may also be filed on behalf of someone who passed away as a result of the accident. In this case, wrongful death costs could cover your loved one’s hospital bills, funeral expenses, and financial earnings if they were a provider for your family or your children. Wrongful death cases may be settled in or out of court, with a statute of limitations of only up to two years.
In a property damage claim, you will seek compensation for any of your damaged property. This could include anything from minor dents to window and windshield replacement, or a complete replacement of your car if it is totaled. In addition, you may seek compensation for any of your personal property within the car that is damaged from the accident. Property damage claims could be settled in or out of court, with a statute of limitations up to five years.
In Illinois, the requirements for commercial auto insurance policies are in alignment with the at-fault nature of the state. This means that when an accident happens, the at-fault party will be responsible for paying any damages, according to his or her claim. However, carrying coverage does not mean that the at-fault party will take responsibility for the accident, or that you are only limited to pursuing this amount in a personal injury or property damage case. When you call us, we can work with you to hold the liable parties accountable.
Semi Truck Accidents Happen Everywhere
Large truck and bus crashes can happen anywhere. Our lawyers will work to investigate the location-specifics of your case, working to collect evidence and build up the list of factors that possibly contributed to your crash.
- Drivers Are Exhausted: Although Illinois CDL requirements include proper training on driver behavior, some drivers will push their personal limits with the goal of performing better at work.
- Drivers Are Impaired or Distracted: Truck drivers have few options for safely using a cell phone while on the job. While many employers will prohibit it out of an abundance of caution, there are still accidents caused by distracted driving.
- Employer Deadlines: With an increasingly low-wage, high-risk mindset of employers for big trucking companies, employers use difficult standards to measure the success of how their employees are doing.
- Unbalanced Trailer: If the semi-truck is unevenly loaded, it could make roadways seriously dangerous. One small mistake by the driver can turn into a total catastrophe.
- Maintenance or Manufacturer Issue: Occasionally, there are errors in the production, maintenance, and inspection of semi-trucks that can lead to accidents.
- Poor Roadways: From lighting to poorly-maintained highways, roadway visibility is a big factor in some semi-truck accidents. This is especially true for Illinois, where our unusually long winters can lead to broken asphalt and extended periods of bad visibility.
Of course, this is a non-exhaustive list of potential contributing factors to the accident you had with a semi-truck. The sooner you get on the phone with one of our team members to discuss your case, the sooner a Joliet semi truck accident lawyer can work to fight for your rights.
For a free legal consultation with a semi truck accidents lawyer serving Joliet, call (800) 794-0444
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Can Handle Semi Truck Accidents
When you work with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, we will work to hold all liable parties accountable and get the settlement you deserve soon.
We can get started as soon as you give us a call. In your free consultation, we will answer any questions you may have and address concerns. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 794-0444.