While many motorcycle owners are passionate about riding, the truth is that motorcycles can be very dangerous. Even if you take proper safety measures, many motorcycle accidents are caused by other vehicles on the road. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident, your life can change rapidly. You can suffer from injuries, medical bills, property loss, emotional trauma, and in severe cases, even death.
Some motorcycle accidents result from the negligence of a third party. Victims in these cases can choose to pursue legal action against responsible parties. Depending on your situation, financial compensation may remain available for you or your loved ones. At Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, our Chicago motorcycle accident attorneys remain available to help.
Call (800) 794-0444 to set up a free consultation and learn about your legal options.
Factors in Motorcycle Accidents
Understanding the causes of motorcycle accidents can help you determine if a third party was at fault and can prevent future accidents. Some reasons why motorcycle accidents occur include:
- Impaired driving: any time the operator of a vehicle is under the influence of alcohol, drugs, prescription medication, or another substance, lives are at risk. Drivers of other vehicles on the road who are under the influence can strike a motorcyclist and cause injury or death.
- Speeding: speed limits guide you as a motorist in a safe fashion for the specific area and roadway. Failure to obey the speed limit creates hazards on the road.
- Inexperience: like any vehicle, a motorcycle requires the driver to know exactly what they are doing. Taking to the road without the right amount of experience is very dangerous and can cause accidents. If you are a beginner or have just acquired your license, you should practice with appropriate supervision in low-risk conditions and with minimal traffic.
These are just a few of the several reasons motorcycle accidents happen. If you were the victim in a motorcycle accident, you may struggle to make ends meet and suffer a loss in your quality of life. If your accident resulted from the actions of another party, a Chicago motorcycle accident lawyer may be able to assist you with your case.
If you were in a motorcycle accident, you know the detrimental effects it can have on your life. Even if you are an experienced motorcyclist, reviewing basic safety guidelines can help keep you safe on the road in the future.
- Always wear a helmet: helmets may lessen the impact on your head in a motorcycle accident, especially if you experience severe injuries.
- Avoid riding in hazardous conditions: fog, high winds, snow, rain, sleet, or even dark times of the day can prove dangerous for motorcyclists.
- Do not use cell phones or distracting devices: distracted driving classifies as one of the leading causes of accidents each year. Avoid using your cell phone, playing with the radio, or taking your eyes off the road in general. It could save your life and keep others on the road safe.
- Do not drive under the influence: if you have been drinking or have used any other substance that might impair your ability to operate a motorcycle, stay off the road. Driving under the influence is illegal and deadly.
- Adhere to the speed limit: speeding can mechanically affect a motorcycle and will decrease the time you have to react to changing road conditions and hazards around you.
Regardless of how safe you are on the road, accidents happen. Sometimes, more than two vehicles are involved in a crash, causing a third party in a case.
For a free legal consultation with an motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Chicago, call (800) 794-0444
Lability, or who bears the fault in your motorcycle accident, usually determines your eligibility to make a claim. Even if a third party is partially to blame for your accident and the corresponding injuries or property loss, you could have grounds for a legal claim against multiple negligent parties. Speaking with a law firm can help you understand where liability might fall in your specific case.
Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
Compensation Available for Victims
No two motorcycle accidents are exactly the same, but in some cases, financial compensation is available for victims of accidents. Injuries suffered in accidents can be expensive. You could additionally lose your motorcycle or other personal property in an accident. In severe cases, accidents are fatal. Sometimes compensation applies to these losses and other forms of suffering. A Chicago motorcycle accident lawyer may help handle the legal process while you focus on your health.
Click to contact our Motorcycle Accidents Lawyers today
Get Legal Help Today
If you are considering your legal options, take action so you can start focusing solely on your recovery. Additionally, according to 735 ILCS 5/ Code of Civil Procedure, the statute of limitations requires you to file a lawsuit within a specific window from the time of the accident or the emergence of injury. The repercussions of motorcycle accidents can be overwhelming, and filing a lawsuit can be intimidating. Pintas & Mullins Law Firm may help simplify the legal process during this difficult time.
To learn about what a Chicago motorcycle accident lawyer may do for you, call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 794-0444.