Dangerous Drug Attorney FAQ | IL Firm

Dangerous Drug FAQ

Why do I need a dangerous drug attorney?

Though individuals may possess the right to represent themselves, navigating a case without the help of a trained dangerous drugs attorney can be detrimental in your fight for compensation. It can be difficult and complicated when attempting to determine the value of a case. Once, an individual called our firm with questions about a case that he was settling for $65,000. The caller was content with the amount but also felt pressure from the over-eager insurance company to accept the offer and settle the case.

Once our attorneys took into consideration the circumstances of his accident and the severity of his injuries, it became evident that his case was valued much higher than $65,000. The Pintas & Mullins Law Firm filed suit and prepared the case for trial. Our client was awarded $235,000 by the court for his injuries. Attorneys have the priceless experience of handling thousands of cases; clients do not. Clients are severely disadvantaged when they attempt to settle cases on their own.

Why should I file a claim against a drug manufacturer?

If a medication is dangerously or defectively designed in any way, the manufacturer is responsible for the harm it causes patients. Too often, drug manufacturers are aware of the significant risks of medications before they are even put on market, which renders them liable if such risks are not properly disclosed to patients and physicians.

What can I recover compensation for?

In fling a dangerous drug claim, you may potentially recover compensation for the economic and non-economic damages that you suffered as a result of the defective drug. Such damages may include:

  • Costs of physical therapy
  • Emotional distress
  • Loss of consortium
  • Lost wages, including future wages
  • Pain and suffering
  • Past, current and future medical costs
  • Permanent disability or disfigurement
  • Prescription costs

Can you represent me in any state?

Attorneys are able to represent clients in any state either through the reciprocity of a state's bar rules, court approval, or through local co–counsel. Since 1985, the Pintas Firm has represented clients from most states in the nation.

Can I switch from my current attorney?

Regardless of how long an attorney has been working on your case, you are entitled to switch to a different attorney. After contacting and hiring a new attorney, the prior attorney will hand over the file to your current attorney in order to keep your case moving without any delay. If you switch lawyers, you will not incur additional attorney’s fees. The attorneys will decide how to split your same single fee you pay from the settlement.

How can I prepare for my claim?

Contact a drug recall lawyer immediately following your injury, and, if possible, take and keep records of all medication bottles and records itemizing any and all expenses you incurred as a result of the defective drug. Be sure records are dated and contain complete information. Remember that, once you have signed an attorney-client agreement with us, all information you provide is completely confidential. Do not hesitate to inform your attorney of any and all information you think may have bearing on the case.

What kind of money do I need to hire your firm?

Pintas & Mullins Law Firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you pay us only if we win your case. If you do not receive any money, neither do we.

Still Have More Questions? Call Our Firm Today!

Any additional questions or concerns about a defective drug claim can be answered by a qualified representative from Pintas & Mullins Law Firm. Since 1985, our firm has capably handled over 10,000 cases, with many multi-million dollar results! You can trust that we have your best interests in mind and will exhaustively investigate every aspect of your case in order to set you up for success.

Get your questions answered by calling Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 794-0444!