AddressPintas & Mullins Law Firm
368 W Huron St, Suite 100
Chicago, IL 60654
Mo – Su 7AM – 8PM
If you suffered injuries in an accident, you have a right to seek compensation for medical bills, loss of work, and more. Personal injury cases are worth pursuing when they make your recovery from the accident less of a burden. You already have the burden of pain, suffering, and emotional damage, so you should not need to suffer financially, too.
For years, our team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm has been helping clients in Chicago, Illinois get compensated for their injuries. We will fight your personal injury lawsuit in court if we cannot negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company. We want to represent you and seek justice on your behalf.
To begin working on your case with a free consultation, call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today to get in touch with one of our Chicago personal injury attorneys: (800) 223-5115.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
There is no limit to the number of ways you can get into an accident that leads to serious physical, emotional, and financial damages. Understanding the range of personal injury claims can help you understand the type and extent of damages that you will want to seek:
- Car accidents: Getting into a collision with another vehicle can lead to serious damages, regardless of whether or not you were driving.
- Slip and fall: Property owners, public and private, have a duty to reasonably protect all invitees, according to Illinois law. If they fail, they may be liable for an accident.
- Product liability: Items you buy in-store need to be safe for the general public. If you get hurt after using a product, you may be eligible for compensation.
- Nursing home abuse: You need a Chicago nursing home abuse lawyer to fight for your loved one’s rights if they’ve been a victim.
- Bicycle accidents: After a bicycle crashes with a pedestrian, another cyclist, or a vehicle, you’ll need a lawyer to prove fault.
- Motorcycle accidents: Juries can be biased against the victims of motorcycle accidents. We will fight for your rights and a fair settlement.
- Truck accidents: Truck accident lawsuits can be complex because there may be several liable parties, including a trucking company, a manufacturer, or another vehicle.
This list only includes the most common types of personal injury claims. In all these claim types, you could incur excessive medical bills for your injuries, face an inability to work, recover from a loss of work, and more.
A personal injury attorney can help evaluate your personal injury claim and calculate how much you should get through your financial settlement. When you speak with a member of our team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, we can determine your best legal course of action to help you along the road to recovery. With years of experience, we can handle all types of personal injury and workers compensation claims.
Determining Fault in a Personal Injury Case
In Illinois, comparative fault laws account for the possibility that all involved parties are responsible for causing the accident and your injuries. You can be held accountable for the relative amount of damage you may have caused in the accident. This law is especially important to remember for cases such as car accidents.
Mandatory Insurance in Illinois
All drivers in Illinois are required to carry some form of mandatory insurance to protect themselves and other drivers in an accident where someone is injured or killed. This is not the same thing as personal injury protection insurance, which would cover your own injuries after an accident.
Since Illinois is a “fault” state, the liable party that caused the accident will be responsible for reimbursing expenses related to the accident. Drivers in Illinois are wise to carry additional insurance that covers themselves and others in the event of an accident. Business owners, property owners, and medical professionals will also presumably hold insurance that protects them from paying out of pocket in an industry-specific accident.
Evidence of Fault in a Personal Injury Case
In a personal injury case, you have the burden of proving any negligent behavior that caused your accident. Because personal injury cases vary, the evidence you present in court will vary as well. General examples of negligence may include any of the following:
- History of Negligent Behavior: The individual you got into an accident with may be someone who has a history of car collisions or a history of negligent property ownership.
- Failure to Provide Reasonable Care: In most day-to-day scenarios, civil law gives people a legal obligation to care for each other to a reasonable extent. Failing to abide by the concept of reasonable care is negligence towards others.
- Breach of Contract: Although the laws on breach of contract are broad and vary case by case, a breach of contract is a simple act of negligence that could have seriously damaging effects.
Remember that, while not all negligence is intentional, that does not remove the financial, emotional, or physical burden of the injuries caused by it. In extreme cases, someone’s negligent behavior can even cause death.
Of course, each personal injury case will be unique. Do not consider this list of ways to prove liability a definitive one. You can discuss all of your legal options when you speak with one of our team members. Our personal injury law firm will take time to understand your perspective, the costs you incurred from the accident, and what life will be like for you in the future.
Personal injury cases can impact you for an extended amount of time. The personal injury lawyers at our Chicago law office want to hold the at-fault party accountable for their negligence. You should not have to suffer further damage from this situation.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury Lawyer serving Chicago, call (800) 223-5115
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm to Represent Your Rights
The team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can help you conquer a personal injury case that seems overwhelming. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you do not have to pay us until you get a well-deserved settlement.
Get help from our dedicated team of personal injury lawyers in Chicago and get the compensation you deserve. When you are ready to begin working on your case, call us for a free consultation: (800) 223-5115.
Call or text (800) 223-5115 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form