According to the yearly total crashes reports from Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), so far in 2020, more than 1,400 motor vehicle crashes have resulted in serious injuries and over 300 people have died on the roadways from car accidents in the state of Washington.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a traffic accident in the state of Washington, a Washington car accident lawyer may be able to recover your injuries and losses on your behalf.
You should not have to bear the emotional and financial burden on your own if the other driver needs to be held accountable for their actions. Contact Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 223-5115 for a free consultation. A team member is ready to discuss the details of your case with you.
Injuries Suffered in Car Crashes
Every car accident is different and can result in mild to moderate to severe injuries depending on the circumstances of the crash. Some injuries are very serious, and the driver or passenger needs to be rushed to the emergency room for immediate treatment. Other injuries may not present with symptoms for days or even weeks following the accident.
Therefore, it is crucial to seek medical treatment after the crash. A doctor should detect and diagnose your injuries before they have a chance to worsen. Also, it may be beneficial to have a physician document your injuries as a result of the accident in case you decide to file a claim or lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Your medical records will be an important part of the evidence.
Some injuries that can be sustained in car accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Head injuries – This can range from traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) to concussions.
- Back injuries – This can range from spinal cord injuries which could result in paralysis to a herniated disc in the back which could lead to chronic pain and the need for ongoing therapies.
- Broken bones and ligament damage – These types of injuries could lead to multiple surgeries.
- Whiplash – This is a soft tissue injury that can happen from car accidents. A rear-end collision can cause the head and neck to move back and forth in a forceful manner. Whiplash can lead to chronic headaches or migraines and the need for pain medication and rehabilitation.
Car accidents can also cause post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in some people. The trauma of the accident may leave them physically and emotionally scarred. This could lead to the need for therapy or counseling for anxiety and/or depression.
A Washington car accident lawyer can file a claim on your behalf and help ensure you are pursuing financial recovery for your current and future medical expenses as well as pain and suffering.
In 2018, Washington law enforcement started enforcing the Driving Under the Influence of Electronics Act, as noted by the Washington Traffic Safety Commission (WTSC). This move was made to monitor on cell phone use (texting) which can be a factor in distracted driving. Driver distraction can include all activities that can cause a driver not to pay attention while behind the wheel.
Some examples of distracted driving include, but are not limited to:
- Putting on makeup or grooming
- Talking or tending to passengers
- Working on vehicle controls or GPS
- Using electronic devices (talking, texting, playing a game, checking emails)
The WTSC’s report goes on to say fatalities involving distracted driving were down 25 percent as a result of the enhanced distracted driving law going into effect.
If you have suffered injuries in a car accident as a result of a distracted driver, or for any other reason, a Washington car accident lawyer can help build a case to support your claim for compensation. Reach out to Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for your free case review today.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 223-5115
What a Washington Car Accident Lawyer Can Do for You
Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatic experience. Right now, you may be wondering how you will handle all of your medical expenses while supporting your family. You may be worried about losing your job due to the injuries you suffered in the crash. It could be that your vehicle is now totaled, and you may have no way to even get to work.
A Washington car accident lawyer can handle all aspects of your case while you and your family focus on recovering. Some of this includes:
- Collect all evidence in your case. This includes your medical records, the police report, any eyewitness testimony, pictures and surveillance video from the scene.
- Identify the at-fault party or parties.
- Determine a value for all of your damages (economic and noneconomic).
- Negotiate with the insurance company.
- Take your case to trial, if necessary.
If your case does go to trial, a Washington car accident lawyer can also hire expert witnesses or reconstruction accident experts who can support your claim. Our legal team can do this without your paying any upfront fees or out of pocket expenses.
Our team of attorneys works on a contingency fee basis. This means we do not collect a fee until we settle the case on your behalf.
Contact Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Today
If you have been involved in an accident in the state of Washington that was not your fault, and you suffered injuries as a result, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical costs, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 223-5115 to speak with a member of our team today. The consultation is free, and you can find out if you have a valid claim for financial recovery.