If you are the victim of an accident caused by a negligent party, you could be looking at mounting medical bills and other expenses. Fortunately, you can file a lawsuit against the responsible party to seek potential compensation to cover these expenses. Contact Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 614-2067 for a free consultation with a member of our legal team. We can answer any questions that you may have about the process and whether we would advise you to take legal action with the help of a Bolingbrook personal injury lawyer.
Personal Injury Claims
No two personal injury claims are the same. Even if two accidents occur at the same location, it does not mean that the resulting injuries, nor the pain and suffering you experience, will be the same. Some common personal injury claims include:
- Animal bites: Animal bites can occur at zoos, education facilities, and at home from feral animals or from your neighbor’s pets.
- Product liability: If a faulty product causes you injury, it may need to be recalled.
- Birth injuries: OB/GYNs, midwives, and hospital staff can be held responsible for birth injuries.
- Brain injuries: Brain injuries can create lifelong expenses and change the course of someone’s life.
- Mesothelioma cases: Asbestos exposure through the workplace or through home improvement products can lead to the development of mesothelioma.
- Slip and falls: Slips and falls are among the most common causes of injuries.
- Roller Coaster accident injuries: Theme parks and fairs have an obligation to maintain roller coasters and to keep you safe.
- Drowning: Children and adults can drown at swim lessons, water parks, and public beaches where there is supposed to be someone protecting them.
- Workplace accidents: Your employer is responsible for investing in the right safety equipment and removing hazards from the workplace.
This list represents just some of the more common personal injury claims seen by Bolingbrook personal injury lawyers. However, your injury may not fall within any of these categories. You still may have a case. Contact Pintas & Mullins Law Firm to discuss the details of what happened and your serious injuries to see what legal options for recourse may still be available to you.
Settlements vs. Trial Cases
In most cases, your lawyer will work to reach a pre-trial settlement for your personal injury lawsuit, if possible. Courtroom cases tend to be drawn out and can be difficult for witnesses to testify and for you to wait out a verdict. If a settlement is an option, and the amount offered is fair, your lawyer may recommend that you accept it to avoid costly courtroom fees and the amount of time it would take to potentially secure a higher amount of money. In the event that a courtroom trial is necessary, your Bolingbrook personal injury lawyer is well-prepared to make your case to the judge. If you have any questions about whether it makes sense to accept a settlement, be sure to thoroughly discuss the details of the settlement with your lawyer who will be able to advise you on whether it is a good idea.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury Lawyer serving Bolingbrook, call (800) 223-5115
Gathering Necessary Evidence
Once you decide to pursue legal action related to your personal injury case, your lawyer will work with you to gather the necessary evidence to support your claims. This can include photographs of the injuries, medical records from your physician and hospital stays, police reports, and expert testimony. This may even include surveillance footage from nearby businesses, if it is available. Your personal injury lawyer will work with you to craft the clearest and most well-supported story about what happened. This will highlight how the parties responsible failed and put you in danger.
Bolingbrook Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 223-5115
Possibly Recoverable Compensation
Many factors will be considered when it comes to determining the right amount of compensation to seek and recover. Common types of possibly recoverable compensation include:
- Medical bills: This includes hospital bills, doctor visits, and durable medical equipment.
- Therapies: This includes physical therapy and psychotherapy.
- Pain and suffering damages: A serious injury hurts more than just your body.
- Property damage: In the event that your personal injuries coincide with property damage, you can seek compensation for it.
Depending on the nature of your personal injury case, other types of compensation are possible. As you discuss your case with your personal injury lawyer, they can give you guidance about what types of compensation are handed out in similar cases to yours in the past. This can give you an idea of what kind of compensation is possible.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to Take Action
The statute of limitations for personal injury cases in the state of Illinois is generally two years. This is two years from the date of the accident. While it is possible to file a lawsuit against the responsible party 18 months after the accident, it is generally a better idea to file legal action as soon as possible. Not only will this help you receive compensation sooner, but it ensures that you and your legal team have the time to build the strongest case possible. Witness testimony can degrade after several years, as people forget key details of the incident. Plus, the ability to retrieve surveillance footage and other types of documentation becomes more difficult as more time passes.
If you suffered injuries through no fault of your own in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, call us for a free consultation. If you decide that you want to take legal action, you can get started as early as possible. You and your Bolingbrook personal injury lawyer may decide that legal action is not the correct step. At least by having the conversation early, you will have a better understanding of your options. You can feel confident that you are making the best decision for you and your family.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Today
If you or a loved one is suffering from injuries someone else is responsible for, you could be entitled to compensation related to your injuries and losses. For personal injury and tort cases in the Bolingbrook, Illinois area, call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 614-2067 for a free consultation. There is no fee associated with a consultation. If you decide to pursue legal action, your legal team will not accept a fee until you receive a financial award. We do not want you to suffer further damage from this situation. We will fight for justice and compensation on your behalf. We do not shy away from tough cases, so do not hesitate to reach out today for our legal support.
Call or text (800) 223-5115 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form