When you are in an accident that causes you pain and suffering, you have a right to seek compensation that holds all liable parties accountable. Not only do accidents have some obvious and immediate impacts on your health, physical ability, and emotional state, they can wreak havoc on your financial stability.
After an accident, do not wait to get legal representation for a personal injury case. You can work with an Aurora personal injury lawyer from Pintas & Mullins Law Firm to get the settlement you are entitled to. Call us for a free consultation at (800) 794-0444
Personal Injury Claim Limitations
When you think you have a potential personal injury claim, the first thing you should do is call us. Not only can our lawyers help you organize your case from the start, but we can also help expedite the amount of time it would take to file your claim independently. Our team understands Illinois law and its nuances, and we will do what we can to maximize your settlement. In Illinois, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years from the date of the accident.
Personal injury cases are often settled outside of court. However, if necessary, the lawyers at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm will represent you in municipal court. Personal injury cases are usually filed against any parties that directly caused negligence or insurance companies that wrongfully deny your claims needed to recover from an accident. Nearly anyone can be involved in a personal injury claim as they happen in all kinds of scenarios. No two personal injury claims are exactly alike, with cases stemming from car accidents and nursing homes to slip and fall injuries and more.
Here is a basic breakdown of a personal injury claim: You, the plaintiff, seeks compensation from a liable party directly responsible for your pain and suffering, or against any other party that denied you compensation needed to recover. Our goal is to get the liable party to pay for their larger share of damages.
In Illinois, there is not currently a limitation to the amount of economical damage you can claim in a personal injury case. Our lawyers will work to maximize your compensation and consider all aspects of your claim when determining a dollar amount for your settlement.
Evidence in a Personal Injury Claim
During the discovery period of working on your case, our Aurora personal injury lawyers will investigate all potentially liable suspects. This will help us advise you on your best legal options for a claim. In a personal injury claim, you want to prove fault, or negligence, rather than simply proving the extent of your injuries. A personal injury claim could be bolstered with evidence of the following:
- Initiative to File a Claim: While your personal injury claim may not be an open-and-shut case, your interest in hiring a legal professional to represent you brings your seriousness about the case to the next level.
- Witness Testimony: Witness testimony is hard to beat, bringing in experts on the circumstances that caused your injuries, eyewitnesses, and more.
- Medical History: While your court case will never invade the legally required patient-physician privacy, we can use your good bill of health before the accident happened as proof that your injuries from the accident are impacting your life.
There are countless ways to build a credible case that supports your personal injury claim. Our lawyers will work to determine the best route for your specific circumstances, as no two personal injury claims are alike. Begin speaking about your case with a member of our team when you call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm.
For a free legal consultation with an personal injury lawyer serving Aurora, call (800) 794-0444
Legal Options for Personal Injury Incidents
Again, pursuing a lawsuit for a personal injury claim focuses on helping you recover financially, emotionally, and physically. In building your case, our lawyers will focus on the real costs of your injury, or compensatory damages, which could impact your life in a handful of ways:
- Out-of-Pocket Medical Expenses: The American healthcare system can make seeking medical attention extremely costly. No one wants the financial burden of a personal injury for the medical expenses alone. The cost of emergency medical attention, continued doctor’s visits, and prescription medications could all be covered by a personal injury settlement.
- Financial Income: In a personal injury case, you can seek compensation for work that you missed in the past due to your accident, or work that you will be unable to do in the future, for as long as you could reasonably be expected to work.
- Non-economic Damages: You can be compensated for intangible damages such as emotional distress, pain and suffering, and mental anguish, too.
Again, this is a non-exhaustive list of compensatory damages you could seek in a personal injury claim. The only limit in this case is the amount of information available to you online. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm so we can begin building a case that gets you a well-deserved settlement.
Aurora Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Can Help You Get the Settlement You Deserve
The Aurora personal injury lawyers at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm are open and willing to discuss a range of personal injury claims. Do not worry about having a case that seems too complicated or too difficult. We work on a contingency-fee basis, so you do not have to pay anything until you get the settlement you deserve.
Our lawyers are ready to take the time and labor needed to build a solid personal injury case. Free yourself from the burdens of the litigation process when you call us for a consultation today: (800) 794-0444.