Nursing Home Negligence or Abuse
Statute of Limitations S.D. Codified Laws Ann. §15-2-14
- Three years.
Statute of Limitations S.D. Codified Laws Ann. §15-2-14.1
- Generally, two years, but continuous treatment may extend the limitations period.
- For cases with children six years or older, case must be filed within three years of date of injury.
Damages Cap S.D. Codified Laws § 21-3-11
- General damages are capped at $500,000. No cap on the amount of special damages that may be awarded.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 794-0444
Statute of Limitations S.D. Codified Laws Ann. §21-5-3
- Three years from date of death.
Damages Cap S.D. Codified Laws Ann. §21-3-11
- Non-economic damages capped at $500,000.
The information provided here was prepared by the Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for research and informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. While we try to keep this information current, the law is subject to change and it may not be reflected here immediately.
The Pintas & Mullins Law Firm expressly disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the information provided. If you have a legal question or problem, please consult an attorney immediately.
Call or text (800) 794-0444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form