Suffering injuries in an accident is scary enough. When a tanker truck is involved, you may be lucky to escape with your life. Thousands of pounds of steel machinery make up the brute force that is a tanker truck. When their drivers lose control, there is no limit to the injuries and damages that can occur.
That is why it is so important to fully understand your legal options when pursuing a personal injury claim. Here at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, we have helped countless clients protect their right to compensation so they can put this dark chapter behind them. By hiring our team, you will get the peace of mind knowing that there is a group of legal professionals in your corner working on your behalf.
The sooner you call, the sooner we can get started. To find out more about how a Naperville tanker truck accident lawyer can help, call today at (800) 794-0444 to find out more.
Tanker Trucks Can Cause Severe Injuries
The sheer size and weight of a tanker truck make the possibility of a rollover accident a very real danger. Many of these vehicles carry hazardous materials in their loads, including gasoline, crude oil, sewage, and flammable material. As a result, the effects of these spilled chemicals may contribute significantly to your injuries. If you have been exposed to toxic materials by inhalation or ingestion, seek immediate medical attention.
Additional injuries in this type of truck accident can include:
- Burns (either from chemicals or another heat source)
- Internal bleeding
- Brain damage
- Broken bones
- Trauma to the spinal cord
- Torn ligaments
- Lung damage from inhalation of gas and chemical exposure
- Further agitation to current health conditions
Make sure that you hold onto all documentation pertaining to your medical care. This can include prescriptions, results of blood work or imaging scans, and dates for future appointments. Moreover, make sure that the law enforcement official who is responsible for the police report documents your injuries. For a car accident in Illinois, you must file a police report if the damage exceeds $1,500 or resulted in any injury.
All documents regarding your claim can prove useful in demonstrating your injuries and establishing your involvement in the accident.
Act Quickly After Your Tanker Crash
Illinois’s statute of limitations grants you two years from the date of your injury to pursue compensation. However, depending on the individual circumstances of your case, this window of action can vary. We do acknowledge that acting quickly can impact many factors in your case.
These factors can include:
- The validity of evidence. If you wait to speak to a legal representative, valuable evidence can degrade over time, potentially hindering the investigation into who was at fault.
- Timely initiation. Not only do you have just two years to file your personal injury claim, but some filings can become null after a few years as well.
- Witness statements. Witnesses may slowly forget certain details as time goes on. Hazy memories from witnesses may not work in your favor. It is best to get their accounts on record as quickly as possible.
Often, we can reach an agreement out of court. However, if we cannot reach a fair settlement offer, we are ready and willing to take your case before a jury. You have the right to pursue the compensation you need to get your life back on track. To speak with a member of our team, call (800) 794-0444.
For a free legal consultation with a Tanker Truck Accidents Lawyer serving Naperville, call (800) 794-0444
Your Settlement Can Cover Costs Related to Your Personal Injuries
Over 93,500 people reported injuries from motor vehicle crashes in 2019, according to the Illinois Department of Transportation. These accidents cost the state of Illinois an estimated $1.4 billion last year.
If we are successful in securing the cost of your damages, your settlement may cover:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Emergency transportation services
- Cost of ongoing physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Cost of damage to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
There is no average cost of an accident involving a cargo tanker. The value of your award will depend on the details of your case, the extent of your injuries, and how effectively your personal injury lawyer presents evidence.
Naperville Tanker Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
Call Us Today to Learn More About What We Can Do for You
Here at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, our personal injury attorneys will do everything we can to assign fault in your case. We can put our years of knowledge and expertise to work for you.
Some of the services that we provide include:
- Gathering and documenting eyewitness testimony to attempt to prove your version of events
- Reviewing surveillance footage to present in your claim
- Calling upon accident reconstruction experts to recreate the accident
- Securing medical documents showing the extent of your injuries
- Having experts evaluate the impact that the accident will have on your future income, thereby documenting the true scope of your pain and suffering
- Representing you in court if you and the other party cannot reach a settlement agreement
We do not shy away from even the toughest of cases. After surviving a traumatic accident, legal proceedings should be the least of your concerns. Our accident attorneys are standing by to hear from you. If you are looking for a Naperville tanker truck accident lawyer, we would love to speak with you and find out how we can help. To find out more and receive your free consultation, call today at (800) 794-0444.