A recent report from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration shows that the number of large truck-related accidents rose from 2017 to 2016. This may share a relationship with the rise in the number of distracted and inexperienced drivers on the road. Other causes of serious accidents may include:
- Poor visibility when reversing
- Overloaded cargo
- Impaired driving
- Objects falling off a vehicle
- Mechanical faults
- Poor maintenance of the truck or its components
Injuries caused by a collision with a commercial vehicle are more likely to result in serious injury or death than accidents involving smaller vehicles. This is because large trucks weigh much more than most cars and are harder to stop or slow.
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a dump truck accident, you could claim compensation for your injuries, losses, and damages. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 794-0444 and find out how a Naperville dump truck accident lawyer can help today.
What to Do After a Dump Truck Accident
If you are involved in a dump truck accident, you should first assess your health and seek medical attention. Even if you feel fine, you may have sustained injuries that may not become clear until later on and can get worse if left untreated. If it is safe to do so at the accident scene, you should:
- File a report with the police
- Obtain information from the other party, including their name, license, and insurance information, employer’s name and contact information (if it is a company truck), license plate information and truck Department of Transportation (DOT) number
- Avoid discussing fault or liability
- Collect evidence such as pictures, videos, and witness statements, if possible
- Take note of the make, model and year of the truck, along with what the other party was hauling as cargo
- Detail your experience in the accident and how events unfolded
- Contact a lawyer for further advice
Dump truck accident claims can be complex, so it is advisable to seek help from a lawyer to ensure your case is handled in the most comprehensive way. Contact the team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 794-0444 to learn more about your claim today. You may be able to seek compensation for your losses, including awards for hospital bills and lost wages during recovery.
Let Our Firm Represent Your Interests
The trucking industry employs a variety of people and companies for its operations. So, when an accident happens, more than one party may be held responsible. We may be able to hold the driver, the trucking company or the truck manufacturer liable if dangerous or defective truck parts are found to have contributed to your injuries.
It can be difficult to establish fault when multiple parties are involved. For example, the driver may blame company practice forcing him to drive for too long without a rest. The trucking company could refute this claim and place the blame on the driver for not taking necessary breaks. In turn, both parties could assert that a manufacturing defect caused the accident.
Further complexities are added when lawsuits span multiple states. For example, the victim, truck driver, and trucking company could all be from different states. A Naperville dump truck accident lawyer will need to know the rules of civil procedure that affect such cases and be prepared to formulate an appropriate case plan.
The dedicated lawyers at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm know how to handle cases that involve multiple parties and can assist you by conducting thorough investigations into all the facts. We can gather the necessary evidence to make your case as robust as possible. Call us today for an honest review of your options at (800) 794-0444.
For a free legal consultation with a Dump Truck Accidents Lawyer serving Naperville, call (800) 794-0444
We Can Help You Gather Evidence
Following a dump truck accident, it is smart to contact a lawyer as soon as possible so that he or she can gather important evidence in time. Evidence can disappear or become hard to track down in the following ways:
- Commercial trucks and their ‘black box’ technology that records data about speed, position, and braking of the vehicle at the time of the accident may be altered
- Witnesses may be less likely to have an accurate recollection of events as time passes
- Documents regarding vehicle maintenance and mechanical history of the truck may be lost
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can assist you further by:
- Reviewing witness statements and police reports
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Estimating the value of damages
- Communicating with all involved parties
- Presenting your case as strongly and persuasively as possible
Injuries sustained from a dump truck accident could affect your ongoing health and future earnings. Retaining a Naperville dump truck accident lawyer as soon as possible following an accident is a sensible tactic. Contact Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today to begin making decisions about your case at (800) 794-0444.
Naperville Dump Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Supports Your Recovery
The dedicated team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm has the resources, skill, and determination needed to manage complex dump truck lawsuits. We want you to be able to focus on your recovery and remain reassured that we will protect your rights and fight for any compensation you may be eligible to receive. If you have any concerns or questions about a dump truck accident in Naperville, call (800) 794-0444 today for a free case evaluation.
Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we are compensated only if we obtain a recovery for you. Do not wait to call, as Illinois enforces statutes of limitations that may impact your claim. If you want to take action for your injuries or the loss of a loved one, you have two years from the date of the accident to do so under 735 ILCS 5/13-201 and 740 ILCS 180/2.