Potholes and Los Angeles, California roads or parking lots tend to be inseparable. Where there is a parking lot in Los Angeles County, you may be able to find at least one pothole. In many cases, the potholes are not small or easily avoided, according to Los Angeles Magazine.
Such potholes may result in an injury if:
- You must cross one in order to get from one point to another.
- You fail to see a pothole and trip or slip as a result.
- The pothole contributes to or directly causes a vehicular accident.
If you have been injured in circumstances stemming from a pothole in Los Angeles, a lawyer may be able to help. Call the team from Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 794-0444 for a free consultation where we may explain how a Los Angeles potholes in parking lots lawyer may help you pursue compensation you may be entitled to.
LA County Cannot Fill Potholes Quickly Enough
Despite Los Angeles County repairing almost 60,000 potholes in 2019, some locals still find an abundance of potholes around their city and county.
KCRW public radio published a story in 2014 with the headline “It Can Happen: A Los Angeles Pothole Gets Filled,” taking a sarcastic tone to what Angelenos know well: potholes are a massive problem that may cause serious injury and cost a lot of money in damages.
Those who have examined the pothole problem in Los Angeles have identified several probable or certain causes, including:
- Seventy years of “neglect”, as Mayor Eric Garcetti referred to the city’s approach to repairing potholes in 2014.
- Rain causing already-suspect road and parking lot infrastructure to crumble further, according to CBS Los Angeles.
- A lack of time and funding for Los Angeles’ Bureau of Street Services to catch up with an ever-growing log of pothole repair requests, according to Los Angeles Magazine.
In March 2019 Los Angeles experienced a 75 percent spike in the number of pothole-related service requests compared to March 2018, according to NBC Los Angeles. Potholes are not mere inconveniences, they may lead to significant injuries and other types of harm.
Potholes may Become Safety Hazards
Despite its admitted deficiencies with repairing potholes, NBC Los Angeles reported in 2013 that the city of Los Angeles:
- Has roads that are in worse condition than any other city in the nation.
- Is stingy about reimbursing drivers for injuries and property damage caused by potholes.
- Paid out approximately $352,000 in pothole-related claims despite receiving more than $5 million in pothole-related damage requests.
Potholes may become a hazard to your safety in several scenarios, including if:
- You do not see a pothole in a parking lot and step in or near it, which may lead to foot injuries, ankle injuries, or other injuries such as those that may occur because of a fall.
- You must swerve to avoid a pothole, or you strike a pothole and your vehicle is redirected, resulting in an accident with injuries.
- A pothole contributes in any other way to a vehicular or non-vehicular incident resulting in injuries to you or a loved one.
If you suffered some form of loss because of a pothole in a parking lot or other premises in Los Angeles, you may consider speaking with a Los Angeles potholes in parking lots lawyer for advice.
Call our team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm to learn more about pothole-related litigation.
A Lawyer Can Fight for Compensation to Which You May Be Entitled
Statistics regarding Los Angeles’ high rejection rate of pothole-related injury and property claims may suggest that:
- Going through the formal claims process for a pothole-related loss may not ultimately be a good use of your time.
- You may need to take independent legal action to receive the compensation that you may be entitled to.
If you or a loved one suffered an injury because of a pothole, then a personal injury lawyer may help you bring a lawsuit against the city of Los Angeles or any other responsible parties.
A lawyer may walk you through the steps for suing a public entity such as the city of Los Angeles or Los Angeles County. These steps, according to Los Angeles County, may include:
- Filing a formal claim, which is available online.
- If your claim is denied, filing legal action to pursue compensation that you believe you are entitled to.
A lawyer may be familiar with local, state, and federal laws and rules that may be relevant to your lawsuit, whether you are suing a government entity or private individual. A lawyer may take an active role in completing your lawsuit, providing an array of services that may be necessary to give you the opportunity for a successful outcome.
If your lawsuit is a success, then you may be entitled to financial awards covering:
- Medical costs
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Any other losses that stem from your pothole-related injury
You do not have to fight the city, county, or state, or any other defendant on your own if you hire a lawyer.
For a free legal consultation with a Potholes In Parking Lots Injuries Lawyer serving Los Angeles, call (800) 794-0444
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm
A Los Angeles potholes in parking lots lawyer may be able to:
- Handle your lawsuit from start to finish
- Save you time that you would spend representing yourself
- Save you effort that you would expend representing yourself
- Help fight for compensation you may be entitled to
If you want to learn more about the services that a lawyer may provide you, call our team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 794-0444 for a free consultation. We work on a contingency-fee basis.
Call or text (800) 794-0444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form