When Los Angeles motorcyclists do not operate their bikes safely, then victims such as you or your loved one may pay the price. An accident with a motorcyclist could potentially cause:
- Injury to you
- Injury to your loved one
- Death to your loved one
If one or more of these unfortunate outcomes resulted from your collision with a motorcyclist, then the biker may be responsible for some or all of your losses. Call our team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 794-0444 to learn how a Los Angeles motorcycle rider accident lawyer may facilitate your lawsuit.
Motorcyclists Do Not Always Use Good Judgement
In a year when motorcycles accounted for only 3 percent of the registered motor vehicles in the United States, bikers represented 14 percent of traffic deaths, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). These figures speak to the dangers of riding a motorcycle.
While motorcyclists may be at a greater risk because their vehicle of choice lacks the structural protections of cars and trucks, choices of individual motorcyclists may represent the greatest of all risks.
Some facts about dangerous motorcyclist behaviors include:
- According to the NHTSA, 75 percent of accidents involving motorcyclists and other vehicle types occurred because the motorcycle hit the vehicle in front of them. Rear-end collisions such as this are generally the fault of the rear-ending vehicle.
- One-third of motorcyclists in fatal accidents were speeding at the time of the accident, which is significantly higher than comparable figures for drivers of other types of non-motorcycle vehicles, according to NHTSA.
- A quarter of motorcycle riders killed in traffic accidents in 2016 were legally intoxicated, while about a third of them had at least a trace of alcohol in their system at the time of the accident.
Those who would speed or drive drunk while on a motorcycle could be prone to engage in other risking driving behaviors, such as:
- Taking drugs before or while riding a motorcycle, though the rate of drug use among bicyclists remains unclear, according to the NHTSA.
- Swerving in between lanes, often around vehicles, in a manner that is erratic or unpredictable.
- Failing to maintain a safe distance from other vehicles.
- Driving in between two adjacent vehicles in a manner that is not legal or is dangerous.
- Turning into traffic with too little clearance between oncoming vehicles.
While these dangerous behaviors may pose the greatest risk to the motorcyclist, they can put drivers of other vehicles at significant risk of injury or death as well. If you or your loved one suffered injuries or died in an accident caused by a motorcyclist through negligent action, you may be able to seek compensation.
Call our team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today to find out how a Los Angeles negligent motorcycle rider accident lawyer may be able to help you with your lawsuit.
Motorcycle-Vehicle Collisions Can Cause Serious Harm
If you were in a motor vehicle collision of any kind, then you know it can be a very traumatic experience. Some of the risks of being in a motor vehicle collision include:
- Suffering an injury
- Being killed
- Developing psychological trauma that impedes your ability to drive, or to drive without a sense of fear or dread
- Taking on a sense of guilt if the accident results in a death or serious injury
Motor vehicle drivers involved in an accident with a motorcyclist may have to cope with the death of the motorcyclist, even if the accident was not their fault. This can be a significant burden to carry and may be a factor in any legal case that you choose to pursue.
In addition to the psychological harm that can come from a motor vehicle collision, you may:
- Suffer one or more severe injuries
- Have to receive costly treatment for your injuries
- Be out of work for a significant period as you recover from your injuries
- Suffer emotionally, psychologically, physically, and financially because of your injuries
If you know or believe that a motorcyclist caused your accident, then the motorcyclist or their insurance company could be financially responsible for these and other damages.
Bringing a Lawsuit Against a Negligent Motorcyclist
If you decide to bring a lawsuit alleging that a negligent motorcyclist caused you or your loved one harm, then you may be seeking compensation for:
- Your medical expenses
- Income that you have lost because of your accident
- Mental anguish
- Psychological trauma
- Other losses resulting from the negligent actions of the motorcyclist who caused your accident
A lawyer may be able to assist you in several ways as you prepare to take legal action. An attorney may:
- Collect existing evidence that shows you were not at fault for your accident
- Dispatch investigators to develop or uncover new evidence that could play a role in your lawsuit
- Speak with experts whose testimony may further your argument for compensation
- Negotiate with lawyers for the motorcyclist to see if they extend a fair settlement offer to you
- Argue your case for an award at trial
- Defend your rights
If you qualify, a lawyer will complete these and any other necessary tasks so that you do not have to fight for compensation and justice on your own.
For a free legal consultation with a Negligent Motorcycle Rider Accidents Lawyer serving Los Angeles, call (800) 794-0444
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Today
The team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm aims to ensure that you do not become the victim of any more harm than you have suffered already. We will handle all of your legal needs and will not shy away from your case just because it proves to be difficult.
Call our team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 794-0444 for a free consultation regarding the services of a Los Angeles negligent motorcycle rider accident lawyer. You will pay nothing out of pocket and nothing at all unless we secure compensation for you.
Call or text (800) 794-0444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form