Some of the parts of a motorcycle that could cause injury or death if they do not function properly include:
- Gauges and other information-providing instruments
- Handlebars and other mechanisms for controlling the bike’s direction and speed
In addition, critical components such as a chassis, transmission, and engine could cause serious injury if they fail to work as intended or at all. If you or a loved one suffered an injury or passed away because of one or more defective motorcycle parts, a lawyer may help you as you seek compensation.
Call our team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 794-0444 to find out how a Los Angeles motorcycle defective parts lawyer may be able to aid your pursuit of justice.
Motorcyclists Have Less Room for Error Than Other Motorists
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclists die in motor vehicle collisions at a rate that greatly outpaces their representation on the roads. Some of the facts that illustrate the danger that motorcyclists face each time that they hit the road include:
- Eight out of every ten motorcycle accidents cause injury or death, and the injury or death usually affects the motorcyclist rather than the driver or occupant of a vehicle that collides with the motorcyclist
- Motorcyclists may be at 16 times greater risk of dying in an accident than those who drive or ride in vehicles such as cars, SUVs, and trucks
With these massive risks in mind, motorcyclists have to do several things to protect themselves. This includes:
- Wearing a helmet
- Not being legally intoxicated while riding
- Not being under the influence of drugs while riding
- Abiding by speed limits and other rules of the road
- Employing safe driving practices, such as safe distancing and conservatism in dangerous conditions
- Maintaining their bike and ensuring that it is roadworthy through regular maintenance
As long as a motorcycle rider does these things, they may decrease the risk of being injured or killed in an accident or possibly causing harm to others. However, even motorcyclists who take these precautions cannot be certain they will be safe. Defective parts are one threat that may compromise your health and safety as a motorcyclist despite your efforts to avoid danger.
Defective Parts Can Cause Injury or Death
If a motorcyclist is driving and a defective tire on their bike pops, then there is a significant likelihood that they will suffer an injury, including one that could be fatal.
Unlike motorists in vehicles with doors, safety belts, and other measures of protection, motorcyclists have few protections when something goes wrong. This increases the damage that a defective motorcycle component can inflict upon the rider and possibly others.
You could be seriously injured or killed by a defective motorcycle part regardless of whether you:
- Are a competitive motorcycle rider
- Ride your motorcycle infrequently or as a rare hobby
- Ride a motorcycle as a primary means of transportation
- Are a frequent or infrequent passenger on a motorcycle
- Ride a motorcycle, or ride as a passenger on a motorcycle, only one time
Dangerous motorcycle parts or dangerous motorcycles are not a hypothetical problem. They are real. In 2015, Harley-Davidson recalled approximately 185,000 of their motorcycles as concerns over defective saddlebags causing crashes became too much for the company to ignore, per NBC News. There are also other instances of dangerous bikes and motorcycle parts throughout the years.
You should not have to worry about your motorcycle being the cause of an injury as you drive along the Pacific Coast Highway, or anywhere else, but you may forever have this fear in your head if you or a loved one were the victim of a defective motorcycle component.
If you would like to pursue compensation for an injury or death caused by a defective motorcycle part, a Los Angeles motorcycle defective parts lawyer may be of use to you. Call our team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today for a free consultation.
Bringing a Defective Product Lawsuit
A defective product lawsuit is a type of personal injury lawsuit that may have specific considerations about liability. A lawyer may be able to help explain to you the nuances of a product liability lawsuit and may handle all your legal needs should you choose to accept their assistance.
Some tasks that a lawyer may complete for you include:
- Consulting experts in the automotive field to provide testimony of how one or more parts of your motorcycle malfunctioned, versus how they should function normally
- Arguing that one or more defective parts caused you to suffer some sort of injury
- Arguing that a defective part is responsible for causing your loved one’s death, if you are pursuing a wrongful death claim
- Handling all of the day-to-day legal responsibilities that come with a product liability lawsuit
- Collecting and organizing evidence that may show you were the victim of negligence
- Representing you in settlement negotiations or at trial, depending on the path that your lawsuit follows
- Defending your rights
Depending on whether your lawsuit involves an injury or wrongful death, you may be able to collect a variety of awards. Some of those awards may include compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
- Lost income
- Rehabilitation costs
- Diminished earning capacity
- Long-term or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
You do not have to fight for any compensation without an attorney’s help. If we believe you have a case, one of our attorneys will assist you, so call today.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Defective Parts Accidents Lawyer serving Los Angeles, call (800) 794-0444
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Today
If you suffered substantial harm because of a motorcycle accident, the team at Pintas & Mullins may be able to defend you from any further losses. Call our team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 794-0444 to learn how a Los Angeles motorcycle defective parts lawyer may be of help to you.
Call or text (800) 794-0444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form