A dog bite can lead to disfigurement, disability, or even death. If you were bitten by a dog while at Browns Creek Park, you could be entitled to awards for medical bills, lost pay, and other losses.
A Los Angeles Browns Creek Park dog bite lawyer can gather the necessary evidence to file an insurance claim against the dog owner’s policy. They may also prepare a personal injury lawsuit if the insurance company will not negotiate in good faith.
To learn more about how you could recover damages for a dog bite, please call the Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for a free consultation by dialing (800) 816-0755.
How Our Lawyers Can Help
While you are not legally required to hire an attorney, most people are not fully aware of their legal rights under California law. A Los Angeles Browns Creek dog bite lawyer can protect your rights and help you recover damages for your economic and emotional losses.
Our lawyers investigate dog bite cases to determine:
- The extent of your injuries and how they may impact your work and personal life activities.
- The liable parties who contributed to your injury.
- Negligence by the dog’s owner in violation of state and county codes.
Although California Civil Code 3342 makes dog owners liable for your losses in most situations, each case is different. A lawyer with the Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can help you determine your legal rights.
We Help You Recover Compensation
You should know that some dog owners or their insurance companies may try to deny or downplay your claim.
Some of the tactics that we have experienced include:
- You are somehow responsible for the dog biting you.
- The dog just likes to “play rough”.
- The dog has never bitten anyone before.
- The dog’s owner was not at the park while you were bitten.
Under California law, the owner may be held liable even if this is the dog’s “first bite.” The dog’s owner is also liable whether they were present at the time you were bitten. If the dog was there with a handler or someone else, that person may also be held accountable along with the dog’s rightful or legal owner.
For a free legal consultation with a Browns Creek Park Lawyer serving Los Angeles, call (800) 816-0755
We Can Use Evidence To Support Your Claim
A lawyer with the Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can make sure that your claim includes necessary evidence, which might include:
- Photos of your injuries
- Photos or videos of the bite as it happened
- Analysis of your injuries from your healthcare provider
- Witness statements
- Police and/or park reports
Dog owners in California owe other people a duty of care when it comes to taking reasonable measures to avoid harming other people. There are also requirements specific to dog parks. You have already suffered enough. Let one of our lawyers seek compensation on your behalf so you can focus on your health and wellbeing.
Using Evidence To Determine Liability
A Los Angeles Browns Creek Park dog bite lawyer can use evidence and testimony to establish the necessary factors of liability:
- The dog’s owner owed you a basic duty of care to take reasonable measures to keep you from harm.
- The dog’s owner breached this duty of care somehow, either through carelessness or omission.
- This negligence caused you to suffer injuries from a dog bite.
- These injuries created damages for you in the form of medical bills and other losses.
Please keep your bills and expenses for your Los Angeles Browns Creek Park dog bite lawyer to include when filing a claim on your behalf.
Los Angeles Browns Creek Park Lawyer Near Me (800) 816-0755
Awards for Which You May Qualify
Even small dogs can cause significant injuries. After you see a doctor for medical care, You can consult an attorney who handles dog bite cases to determine your legal options.
You have the right to seek compensation for losses that include:
- Medical care (present and future, such as plastic or reconstructive surgery)
- Prescription medicine
- Lost pay while you were recuperating
- Property damage that happened during the attack
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
If you suffered extensive injuries or will have permanent medical issues because of the dog bite, we may seek recovery for additional losses, such as:
- Diminished earning ability
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium or companionship
Click to contact our Browns Creek Park Lawyers today
You Have a Right to Legal Representation
Generally, lawsuits must be filed within a certain period of time. California Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1 for personal injury cases is generally about two years from the date you were injured.
It takes time to gather evidence, file a claim, and negotiate with the insurance adjuster. You have the option to hire a lawyer while you focus on your recovery and wellbeing. You want to make sure you have time to take advantage of all your legal options for recovering losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
When You Know the Dog’s Owner
Some people are reluctant to pursue compensation when they know the dog’s owner. They may fear that filing a claim will cost the owner financially. You should know that the dog owner’s insurance policy may help you recover awards for your losses.
A dog bite lawyer with the Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can represent you even in an insurance claim. A lawyer can help from the very beginning you do not have to deal with the dog owner’s insurance company.
Call for a Free Consultation
A Los Angeles Browns Creek Park dog bite lawyer can help you recover damages from a dog bite. You deserve to know your legal options. Contact the Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today for a free consultation by dialing (800) 816-0755.