If you or a loved one, including your child, suffered injuries by a dog at Briarwood Park, a lawyer can help you hold the dog’s owner accountable. Dog bites can have long-lasting physical and emotional injuries. A negligent dog owner should pay for your damages from these injuries.
You could be entitled to compensation. A Los Angeles Briarwood Park dog bite lawyer is here to help. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today for a free case review with a member of our team: (800) 816-0755.
What We Recommend After You Get Medical Care
You should follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for wound care, prescription medicine, and other treatment. Mayo Clinic also advises that you watch for signs of infection, such as swelling, pain, redness, or oozing from the affected area.
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm recommends that you connect with a Los Angeles Briarwood Park dog bite lawyer as soon as possible.
There are a few reasons why we suggest this:
- You should talk to a lawyer before you speak with an insurance adjuster.
- Physical evidence from the dog bite may be removed by park personnel or erode with time.
- You should take photos of your injuries.
- Insurance companies tend to view any delay in filing a claim as an opportunity to deny or downplay your injuries and damages.
We can take care of filing your claim while you focus on resting and recovering. Call today for a free consultation with a member of Pintas & Mullins Law Firm.
Dog Bites Are a Personal Injury for Which You May Seek Damages
If you went to the closest emergency department after you or your loved one was bitten, you know how expensive this care can be. Dog bites can be extremely deep, severe, or extensive. We believe that the dog’s owner should be held accountable for your financial loss.
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can help you seek damages against the dog’s owner and any other liable parties who played a role in your injuries. We have a deep understanding of California liability and negligence laws.
For a free legal consultation with a Briarwood Park Lawyer serving Los Angeles, call (800) 816-0755
Damages Associated with Dog Bite Cases
In our experience, many dog bite victims have damages that include more than just emergency department charges. A lawyer with our firm will conduct a thorough evaluation of your injuries to arrive at a correct valuation. We will work diligently on your behalf to get you compensated for your damages.
Each case is different, but your damages may include:
- Medical care and treatment (past and future)
- Lost pay
- Related out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
We typically seek damages first from the dog owner’s property insurance. If we cannot negotiate an acceptable settlement, our lawyers can take your case to court.
Los Angeles Briarwood Park Lawyer Near Me (800) 816-0755
California Has Specific Dog Bite Laws
One of the most important reasons to seek counsel from a Los Angeles Briarwood Park dog bite lawyer is to assure that your rights are fully protected under California civil code.
According to California Civil Code 3342, you may be entitled to damages if certain conditions apply, including:
- You or a loved one was bitten by a dog.
- You were bitten by the dog in a public place or in a private place where you were allowed or invited.
- You were not bitten while being apprehended by a police or military dog.
If you suffered injuries by a dog but not bitten, such as a dog jumping on you and knocking you to the ground, California code 3342 would not apply. However, there are other statutes that make it possible for you to seek damages for animal attacks other than dog bites.
Click to contact our Briarwood Park Lawyers today
When Your Child Is the Dog Bite Victim
Dog bites are terrifying for a victim of any age, but they can be particularly debilitating for a child. Children are more likely to suffer from emotional trauma after a dog bite.
Parents should be attuned to these warning signs of mental trauma, including:
- Nightmares, especially those that involve reliving the bite
- Return to previous behaviors (like thumb sucking or wetting the bed)
- Fear of returning to Briarwood Park and other public places where there are dogs
- Fear of your own family dog (if you have one)
You may want to ask your child’s pediatrician for recommendations to a pediatric mental health expert.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Rules for Dog Owners
California has state laws to address liability and negligence. Los Angeles County has a separate municipal code for dog owners if they want to take advantage of area dog parks.
These municipal codes include:
- No food or drink inside the dog play area as this can lead to aggressive behavior.
- Owners cannot leave dogs unattended.
- Dogs with obvious aggressive behavior are not permitted.
- All dogs must be vaccinated and licensed.
Dog owners who do not follow these rules may be asked to leave.
Reach Out to Us After a Dog Bite
If you or a loved one was bitten by a dog, a Los Angeles Briarwood Park dog bite lawyer can help you recover damages for medical bills and other losses. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 816-0755 for a free case review with a member of our team.
Call or text (800) 816-0755 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form