Vehicle maintenance is essential to keeping your car running. It is also critical to staying safe on the road. Having vehicle parts break while driving can be dangerous for every driver on the road and usually leads to serious accidents that can take out multiple cars.
If you are involved in a car accident, you might want to consult a Los Angeles poor maintenance lawyer. If the vehicle that hit you had a problem because of poor maintenance, you might have the basis for a personal injury or property damage lawsuit. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 794-0444 to speak to our legal team about your options. We can help you build a case and recover compensation from the driver who is at fault.
Signs of Poor Maintenance
There are many signs of poor maintenance that you can look for before and after an accident. Poorly maintained vehicles tend to drive poorly and look as if they are in disrepair. Some of the signs that you can look for include:
- Damaged paint job: Scratches and large patches of paint missing can indicate that the car needs to have serious work done to restore it. It is also indicative that some internal parts need service as well.
- Worn tires: When tires wear out, they will have little or no tread left on them, which reduces the amount of traction that they create and can create unsafe driving conditions.
- Loud exhaust: If the exhaust system of a car makes loud noises, but was not designed to be loud, it could be a sign that another part of the vehicle needs serious work.
- Backfires: A backfiring engine shows that it might need work, specifically the timing of the cylinders. A misfiring cylinder can lead to more significant problems if left unfixed.
- Deadlights: Headlights and taillights are required to drive safely. Having deadlights on the road is unsafe, especially at night.
- Cracked windows: Cracked windows are dangerous for people both inside and outside of the car. They can crack completely and shatter, making it impossible to drive safely while also endangering drivers and passengers from broken glass.
There are many other signs of poor maintenance that are not covered on this list. Vehicle maintenance is a requirement of anyone who owns or drives a vehicle. If you see a vehicle with signs of poor maintenance on the road, stay as far away from them as possible. That is the best way to avoid an accident with a poorly maintained vehicle.
Poor Maintenance Risks
Poor maintenance poses a serious risk of causing an accident, according to a study conducted by California State University, San Bernardino. Vehicles have a lot of parts that can wear out over time. If they are not maintained, these parts can break while driving and potentially cause an accident. For example, worn-out tires may not hold enough traction on the road when it rains, which could lead to the car sliding or spinning out of control, according to Consumer Reports. Simple maintenance steps are usually all that is required to avoid problems. Maintenance is also much cheaper than settling a car accident lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a Poor Maintenance Accidents Lawyer serving Los Angeles, call (800) 794-0444
Causes of Poor Maintenance Accidents
Poor maintenance accidents can cover several different categories. Poor maintenance can include the vehicle, but also the roads and other aspects of driving. The causes of poor maintenance accidents include:
- Potholes: Potholes are large holes in the roadway. It is the responsibility of local and state governments to maintain roadways, including plugging potholes. Hitting a pothole can quickly give you a flat tire or cause you to lose control and crash.
- Defective parts: There have been many defective parts lawsuits in the past 10 years. A defective part could break because of an error in the manufacturing process, putting drivers at risk.
- Worn or underinflated tires: Tires that have been used too much can lose their treads or struggle to maintain their shape, while underinflation can make vehicles more prone to crash.
- Unclean windows: It can be difficult to see through windows that have not been cleaned.
- Broken traffic lights: Traffic lights that are turned off, broken, or burned out can lead to accidents.
There are other types of accidents caused by poor maintenance that are not covered on this list. If you have questions about how to maintain your car, you can take it to a licensed mechanic. You can be held liable for all the damages if your car’s lack of maintenance causes an accident.
Los Angeles Poor Maintenance Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
Reasons to Hire a Poor Maintenance Lawyer
The costs for a car crash can run high in serious accidents. Being in an accident can leave you with expenses that you will struggle to afford. If this is the case, then you have the right to sue the at-fault driver and recover compensation. Lawsuits can be difficult to manage on top of all your other responsibilities. A poor maintenance lawyer from Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can handle your case and let you focus on your other responsibilities. Call us today for a free case evaluation from a member of our team.
Click to contact our Poor Maintenance Accidents Lawyers today
Severity of Injuries
Injuries due to poor maintenance can be mild to severe, depending on the conditions of the accident. Maintenance issues can lead to a car being disabled on the side of the road, or it can lead to a major accident. If a poorly maintained car hits you, seek medical attention even if you do not think you need it. Your injuries may not show at the time of the accident. The records from a medical provider can also help your Los Angeles poor maintenance lawyer build a case against the responsible party.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us to Schedule a Consultation
Poor maintenance, whether it is of a roadway or a vehicle, can lead to major accidents. Even if you ensure that your vehicle is well-maintained, you can still end up in an accident with a car that was not maintained.
If you or a loved one is injured in an accident with a poorly maintained vehicle, then you can speak with a Los Angeles poor maintenance lawyer about your legal options. You may be able to seek compensation for the property damage, medical bills, and other expenses related to the accident. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 794-0444 today to speak to our legal team regarding your next legal steps.