If you or a loved one had an accident with a delivery van or truck, the legal team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm may help. Call us for a free consultation by dialing (800) 223-5115.
Delivery Van Services Regulations
Delivery vans and trucks require drivers who carry a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and possess specific training to help them handle the size and unique features of the industry’s vehicles. Some companies hire subcontractors to perform their delivery services, and they also need to hire a truck maintenance company to regularly inspect and address any mechanical issues in the vehicles.
In Illinois, only someone who holds a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) may operate vehicles used for commercial purposes. A prerequisite for a CDL in the state of Illinois stipulates that CDL applicants must also possess a regular state driver’s license. Additionally, all drivers in Illinois must hold a car insurance policy, as Illinois classifies as an at-fault insurance state. Commercial auto insurance in Illinois must cover at least $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident for bodily injury or death. An additional requirement for property damage insurance includes a minimum of $20,000.
For adequate insurance coverage, wise businesses get commercial auto insurance for coverage that exceeds the required personal injury and property damage coverage. Unfortunately, when you are dealing with another party’s insurance company, you may face a number of hurdles when trying to get an appropriate settlement for your claim. Legal representation from a Joliet delivery van truck accident lawyer may help.
We may begin working on your case as soon as you give us a call. For a free consultation from Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, call our offices at (800) 223-5115.
For a free legal consultation with a Delivery Van Truck Accidents Lawyer serving Joliet, call (800) 223-5115
Building Your Delivery Truck or Van Accident Claim
Our lawyers take a facts-first approach to handling our clients’ cases. Do not assume that you do not have a case before calling us. As an added benefit, we can handle the entire litigation process from start to finish so you only have to worry about healing and recovering from your injuries.
Anyone from the Joliet area could understand why delivery van and truck accidents happen. In the event of a delivery van or truck accident, our lawyers can determine who bears liability and may help demonstrate how your injuries resulted from the liable party’s negligence beyond a reasonable doubt. Some causes of van and delivery truck accidents may include:
- The driver had to meet tight deadlines as a requirement of the delivery job.
- The business or employer has a history of bad practices and did not allow the employee a break or proper training before the accident happened.
- The driver engaged in distracted driving or drove impaired.
- The van or truck manufacturers made a mistake.
Our lawyers understand that every case differs, and we empathize with victims of these accidents. Let a Joliet delivery van truck accident lawyer from our team see how they may help you after sustaining severe injuries in an accident with a delivery vehicle.
Joliet Delivery Van Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 223-5115
Claims in a Delivery Van or Truck Accident
After an accident, deciding which type of claim to pursue can cause confusion. Your claim may depend on the unique circumstances of your case, but claims that may apply in delivery van and truck accident litigation include:
- Personal Injury Claims: When you endure an injury after a delivery van or truck accident in Illinois, you may have up to two years to make a legal claim in the form of a lawsuit. Begin working on your claim as soon as you think you may have one. Personal injury claims cover monetary losses from physical injuries, like hospital bills, prescription medications, long-term care, and loss of work. A personal injury lawsuit may also cover a lost potential for work in the future.
- Property Damage Claims: After the accident, you may have up to five years to make a property damage claim. You may consider this if your car suffered damage through the accident or if a driver had a collision with your house or property while making a delivery. Property damage claims may not result in as high of a settlement or court award as a personal injury claim produces.
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm handles cases like these. Determining the legal strategy we may use depends on the details of your case. Of course, our lawyers have your interests in mind and want to defend your rights. We may explain the entirety of the legal process to you.
Click to contact our Delivery Van Truck Accidents Lawyers today
Our Delivery Van and Truck Accident Lawyers May Help
After an accident with a delivery van or truck, you deserve to focus on your physical recovery and well-being. Our lawyers handle delivery van and truck accident cases and may use our knowledge of Illinois law to defend your rights.Call us at (800) 223-5115 al services if your Joliet delivery van truck accident lawyer secures compensation in your favor.