After a semi-truck accident, you can feel overwhelmed when thinking about how to manage everything while also focusing on your own recovery. Fortunately, you do not need to navigate the process on your own.
Hiring an attorney can help you to recover the compensation you deserve for lost wages, medical bills, and other losses. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 223-5115 to learn how a Cicero semi-truck accident lawyer may be able to assist you as you prepare your legal case.
Types of Semi-Truck Accidents We Handle
No two semi-truck accidents are exactly the same. The type of truck, the speed of the vehicles at impact, the point of impact, and the location of the accident can play significant roles in its severity. Some common types of truck accidents we handle include:
- Head-on crash: The sudden and unexpected nature of this type of accident make it particularly dangerous, as other drivers do not have enough time to react appropriately.
- Rollover accident: A rollover accident can cause significant injury or death to the driver and nearby vehicle passengers. When a semi-truck driver takes too sharp of a turn or experiences a tire blowout, a rollover accident is more likely.
- Jackknife accident: Certain road conditions, including rain, snow, and ice, make a jackknife accident more likely.
- Rear-end accidents: Getting “rear-ended” by a semi-truck can lead to much more significant injuries than everyday rear-end accidents. The semi-truck driver knows that they need more time to make sudden stops or to slow down safely than regular-sized vehicles do.
- T-bone: This type of side collision happens when a semi-truck strikes the side of a vehicle, often at an intersection at full force.
- Load spill accident: Load spills happen when cargo falls off a semi-truck and onto a road.
- Underride semi-truck accidents: These accidents happen when a passenger vehicle passes under a semi-truck trailer. The semi-truck could drag the vehicle for a period of time before the driver even notices that something is stuck underneath the truck.
Determining Liability in Semi-Truck Accidents
If a driver caused or contributed to your accident, we might be able to hold them liable. In many cases, we can also hold the driver’s employer liable under vicarious liability laws.
However, not every accident is a direct result of a driver’s actions. Companies that do not enforce federal hours-of-service rules and expect drivers to spend long spans of time on the road without time off can foster conditions that put drowsy drivers on the road. Poorly maintained commercial vehicles can be dangerous for everyone, including semi-truck drivers.
Certain roadside conditions, including construction or road work without adequate signage, can increase the likelihood of an accident. Other drivers can hit a semi-truck and cause a multi-car pileup that impacts dozens of cars. In these cases, it can be initially unclear on who should be held liable. Your Cicero semi-truck accident lawyer can help you to determine liability for your specific case.
For a free legal consultation with a Semi-Truck Accidents Lawyer serving Cicero, call (800) 223-5115
How a Cicero Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
While you attempt to recover from your accident injuries, your Cicero semi-truck accident lawyer from our firm can:
- Determine liable parties: We investigate your accident and ensure we are holding all liable parties accountable for your accident.
- Gather evidence: Much of the evidence we need to build your case is in the hands of the trucking company. After a certain period of time, the trucking company can destroy that evidence. We will ensure that we act quickly to recover the evidence we need.
- Build a compelling case: Holding a truck driver and their employer liable for an accident requires in-depth knowledge of federal regulations and liability laws. Our team knows how to build a case to get you compensation.
- Communicate and negotiate with insurance companies: The other party’s insurance company may attempt to contact you and trick you into saying something that will jeopardize your claim. We can handle all communication and negotiation with the insurance company.
Cicero Semi-Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 223-5115
Recoverable Compensation in Your Truck Accident Case
Semi-truck accidents can cause catastrophic damage and large bills that your auto insurance company may not fully cover. Working with a Cicero semi-truck accident lawyer can enable you to file a personal injury lawsuit if the insurer refuses to offer you a fair settlement. Depending on your case, you could potentially recover:
- Current and future medical costs related to your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Vehicle repairs or replacement
- Lost wages
- Wrongful death, especially in the case of a spouse or loved one
You could be entitled to additional compensation outside of the examples featured on this list. A semi-truck accident lawyer can give you more guidance on what you can expect with regard to possible recoverable compensation.
Click to contact our Semi-Truck Accidents Lawyers today
Statute of Limitations for Semi-Truck Accidents in Illinois
The statute of limitations for a personal injury lawsuit in Illinois is two years. Those filing a wrongful death lawsuit in the state of Illinois have one year. However, if you plan to seek legal counsel, it is best to do so as soon as possible. It is much easier to get witness testimonies, video surveillance tapes, and gather evidence during the discovery process if you start soon after an accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Today to Get Help from a Cicero Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were involved in a semi-truck accident, there is no reason to deal with the trauma and long-term impacts by yourself. A semi-truck accident lawyer can help you to navigate the legal process, while you take the time to recover from your injuries. It will not cost you anything upfront or out of pocket to hire a Cicero semi-truck accident lawyer from our team.
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for a free consultation, no matter the time of day at (800) 223-5115. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to support you and hear the details of your possible legal case.