In 2015, glyphosate, the key ingredient in the weed killer Roundup was officially labeled a probable human carcinogen. Several studies that explore the link between exposure to glyphosate-based herbicides and the risk for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma reinforce this label.
If you or a loved one was diagnosed with cancer after using the weed killer Roundup, you may be entitled to financial awards. Call our team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 794-0444 to discuss how a Chicago Roundup lawyer can help.
The Dominos Are Falling for Monsanto and Bayer
Roundup has been linked to two cancers, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and myeloma. Bayer and Monsanto are facing thousands of Roundup lawsuits for lying about the safety of their products. The lawsuits are claiming that the company knew its product caused cancer and:
- Failed to tell its consumers
- Continued to sell the product
The Verdicts Are In
In 2019, a California jury hit Monsanto with a $2 billion judgment on behalf of a husband and wife who developed cancer after using Roundup. This case was the third straight lawsuit where Monsanto was ordered to pay substantial damages, and it is clear why: the science behind glyphosate’s carcinogenic nature is strong.
The Science Is Strong
The World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IRAC)’s “Monograph on Glyphosate” made waves in 2015 when it determined that Roundup was a “probable” cause of cancer.
Certain People Are at a Higher Risk for Cancer Due to Roundup Exposure
There are specific groups of people who are at higher risk for cancer from Roundup exposure. Farmers, agricultural workers, garden professionals, and landscapers are much more likely to have been exposed to Roundup. Regardless of whether you work(ed) in one of the professions above, if you developed non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, call our team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 794-0444 to discuss your case.
How Our Chicago Roundup Lawyers Can Help
If you were diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, myeloma, or another form of cancer, a Chicago Roundup lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm wants to hear your story. Our team will:
- Meet with you to discuss under what circumstances and for how long you were exposed to Roundup and how your illness affects your life
- Review all medical documentation, including scans, test results, and doctors’ written accounts of your illness
- Work alongside litigators who are already handling class-action lawsuits against Monsanto to see if you qualify for such a suit
- Initiate legal action for your case as soon as possible to ensure that we abide by relevant statutes of limitations
- Answer all questions and concerns you have throughout the legal process
- Handle your case from our first meeting until the completion of a settlement or judgment
- Ensure that your rights are protected
Monsanto and its parent company, Bayer, have been found liable in several lawsuits, with the victims receiving substantial compensation for their losses. We want to help ensure that you have a fair shot at obtaining financial damages if exposure to Roundup caused you or your loved one’s cancer.
Damages You May Be Awarded in a Successful Roundup Lawsuit
For a free legal consultation with a Roundup Lawsuits Lawyer serving Chicago, call (800) 794-0444
If our Chicago Roundup lawyers are able to prove that Roundup played a role in the onset of your cancer, you may be entitled to financial damages. Our primary goal is to ensure that your suffering from Roundup exposure is not made worse and to secure financial compensation for any treatment you require. You may be awarded damages covering the costs of:
- Surgeries required because of your cancer
- Hospital stays related to your cancer
- Diagnostic tests
- Appointments with cancer specialists
- Wages lost because of your cancer diagnosis
- Diminished earnings due to your inability to work
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
Depending on the circumstances of your case, including if your loved one died as a result of cancer, you may be awarded additional damages covering:
- Funeral costs
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of financial protection/the wages of the deceased
You may be entitled to further damages not listed above. Do not wait to call our Chicago Roundup lawyers. If you fail to file in time, Illinois’ statute of limitations may bar you from recovering compensation.
We Will Present Your Case against Monsanto and Bayer
Make no mistake: Monsanto is not in the practice of simply handing over money to victims of its wrongdoing. It will employ several tactics in an attempt not to pay for your losses, including:
- Refusing to settle or presenting a low-ball offer
- Dispatching high-priced lawyers and experts to refute claims of Roundup’s cancer-causing properties
- Presenting confusingly worded reports claiming that Roundup is not carcinogenic
These are just a few of the ways that Monsanto may attempt to avoid paying for your expenses and other losses. We will counter these tactics as we pursue financial damages on your behalf.
You Only Pay Us if We Win
Chicago Roundup Lawsuits Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
At Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, we work on a contingency-fee-basis, which means you only pay us if we win your case. If you do not win, you do not owe us. We have over 30 years of representing clients who have been exposed to toxic substances, and we want to help you. There is no cost in calling us for a free consultation, so dial (800) 794-0444 now to discuss your case with our team.