Nursing home injuries involve a wide range of causes. While some injuries are accidental, others may raise red flags after visiting with your loved one. An injured, confused, or distressed loved one can indicate that their medical team is not providing or meeting the required standard of care, which is the basis for nursing home injury claims in Illinois.
If your family member suffered an injury or experienced loss of life due to negligence, there is an opportunity to pursue the responsible party or parties in civil court for compensation related to you and your loved one’s financial, physical, and emotional losses.
Speaking with a Chicago nursing home injury lawyer will help you understand your rights. Contact the legal team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for a free consultation by calling (800) 842-6336.
We Handle Every Type of Nursing Home Injury
The legal team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm handles all varieties of nursing home injuries, even the toughest cases. We will work smart to pursue compensation for the following types of nursing home injuries:
- Falls: If your loved one has difficulty walking, the nursing home must assist him or her during daily activities. Failure to do so can cause head injuries, bone fractures, and other serious complications.
- Malnourishment: Caregivers must provide the vitamins and nutrients required for a healthy body. Malnutrition causes a plethora of health problems, including weight loss, brittle bones, and dehydration.
- Discrimination: Your family members have a right to exist free from harassment. Discrimination based upon race, age, gender, disability, and economic class has no place in a nursing home and causes significant emotional suffering.
- Assault: Assault can come in the form of physical, sexual, and emotional abuse that can cause severe bodily and mental trauma as a result.
- Wrongful death: Abuse and neglect can also lead to the loss of your loved one.
There are several other forms of injury that your loved one could have suffered during a residency at a nursing home or assisted living facility. A Chicago nursing home injury lawyer at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm will fight to make sure that responsible, negligent parties are liable for their nefarious actions.
Our Legal Team Will Establish the Elements of Liability for Nursing Home Injuries
The health care facility that you or your loved one chose to provide long-term care services must adhere to a standard of care. A medical standard of care is a doctrine that nursing and hospital facilities use to gauge if the treatment provided is appropriate. If another doctor or medical provider would have reasonably taken the same action in a similar situation, then the individual or facility in question likely met the appropriate standard of care.
The civil court system assigns liability to nursing homes if the injury that breaches their duty was the result of a willful or negligent act. Some elements of negligence in nursing home abuse cases we see include:
- Inadequate staff training and hiring practices
- Failure to provide reasonable security measures
- Restraining your loved one without medical necessity
- Emotional and psychological abuse
- Missing items from the resident’s room
- Extra or repeated charges to a resident’s account
- Failure to meet resident’s basic needs
- Incorrect or absent monitoring of staff members
These are only a few examples of how a nursing home staff potentially exhibited negligence. The facility and staff have a lawful duty to ensure that your family member is safe and healthy. Failure to do so means that they are liable for the injuries your loved one suffered.
For a free legal consultation with a Nursing Home Injury Lawyer serving Chicago, call (800) 842-6336
Monetary Awards Are Available for Nursing Home Injuries in Civil Court
Compensation is available to victims of nursing home injuries. The legal professionals at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm will stand by your side as you pursue the assailants that caused your loved one’s injury or loss of life. While money cannot make up for all of your losses, you should not have to pay for financial damages the negligent nursing home caused.
Our legal team will fight to go after the following types of compensation:
- Medical expenses
- Costs for relocation
- Physical and psychological therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
In short, we can help you file a claim for restitution for any expenses and losses related to your loved one’s nursing home injury.
Chicago Nursing Home Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 842-6336
Statute of Limitations Could Be Relevant to Your Case
Since nursing home injuries can fall under the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death laws, civil courts enact a statute of limitations—or deadline—on your lawsuit. In general, there are time limits on your ability to file a lawsuit for these types of cases, including:
- Personal injury: Two years from the date of injury
- Medical malpractice: Between two and four years from the date of injury
- Wrongful death: Between one and four years from the date of death
There is a limited time to file a lawsuit in pursuit of awards related to your loved one’s injury or loss of life. Therefore, you should speak with a Chicago nursing home injury lawyer at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm to protect your rights before the deadline is up.
Even if you think the statute of limitations has passed, there may be options available depending upon the circumstances of your case.
Click to contact our Nursing Home Injury Lawyers today
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Protects Nursing Home Injury Victims
The legal team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm will work tirelessly to ensure the safety of your family members using compassionate and knowledgeable legal care. It is our mission to protect your rights to compensation and safety. Contact our office for a free consultation today by calling (800) 842-6336.