Bicyclists are expected to follow the same rules of the road as motorists, according to the Illinois Secretary of State Driver Services Department. This means that motorists are supposed to give bicyclists the same consideration as other vehicles.
Unfortunately, many bicycle accidents are caused by drivers who fail to yield or who drive into designated bike lanes.
If you are injured from a bicycle accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to compensation. It is your right to consult a Chicago bicycle accident lawyer about your case, and to represent you.
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today for a free, no-obligation case review. A member of our team is ready to take your call: (800) 794-0444.
Bicycle Accident Injuries
Injuries from a bicycle accident are often more severe than for the involved motorist. Our bicycle accident lawyers are here to protect your rights and help you recover compensation.
However, your first action after a bicycle accident is to get medical care if you have not already. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were 467,000 injuries related to bicycle accidents in 2015.
Some bicycle accidents result in extensive injuries such as:
- Torn ligaments, tendons, or muscle
- Internal bleeding that leads to organ damage or loss
- Broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord and neck injuries
We encourage you to follow your healthcare provider’s instructions.
We Work for You, Not the Insurance Company
Sometimes a client will call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm after an unsuccessful attempt to recover damages from the insurance company. You might save yourself the stress by calling a law firm before you speak with the insurance adjuster.
Our services include:
- Free case review at your home, the hospital, or by telephone.
- Review evidence and documentation including witness statements, police reports, and photos or videos of the accident scene.
- Secure expert testimony if necessary, about your injuries and how they may affect your life post-accident.
- Complete a full valuation of your damages.
- Communicate with the insurance adjuster and/or the defendant’s attorney.
- Request a copy of the motorist’s driving history and any blood alcohol or drug test results.
We treat our clients with the respect, compassion, and personalized care that they deserve. Our lawyers stand up to the insurance adjuster who may try to deny, delay, or downplay your claim. For a free case review, call today.
For a free legal consultation with a Bicycle Accidents Lawyer serving Chicago, call (800) 794-0444
We Determine Liability
After we secure evidence, a lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can show how the other party may be liable for your injuries and damages.
There are a few determining factors that we use in accordance with our state’s liability and negligence laws:
- We establish that the motorist owed you a duty of care, including obeying the rules of the road and taking reasonable actions to prevent you from harm.
- We show how the motorist breached their duty of care, whether from running a red light or by driving while intoxicated.
- We connect the cause of your injuries to this breach of duty.
- We show how you have damages because of your injuries, ranging from costly medical treatment to pain and suffering.
A bicycle accident lawyer serving Chicago can also identify other liable parties. This happens in a complex accident or if there are several vehicles involved. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today for a free case evaluation.
Chicago Bicycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
We Valuate Your Damages
One of the more challenging aspects of a bicycle accident lawsuit is determining the value of your damages.
Like most states, Illinois recognizes a few different types of compensatory damages. The most common are special and general damages.
Special damages are tangible, specific costs. For example, if your bicycle was totaled in the accident, we can determine its retail replacement value.
Other damages are more challenging to tabulate. For example, the pain and suffering of losing a loved one.
A lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm will carefully and objectively assess your injuries and damages. You should not have to suffer financially from someone’s careless act.
Click to contact our Bicycle Accidents Lawyers today
Recovering a Financial Award on Your Behalf
We resolve many cases through an insurance settlement or a verdict. While we cannot promise the outcome of your case, we pledge to do all we can to recover compensation for your suffering.
Your damages from a bicycle accident may include:
- Medical treatment including urgent or emergency care, ambulance, surgery, and hospitalization
- Lifecare or domestic expenses
- Property damage
- Lost pay for the time you were recovering from injury
- Pain and suffering
A bicycle accident lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm may seek additional damages depending on the severity of your injuries.
Additional Damages if You Are Disabled
Some bicycle accident injuries are so severe that you may have a long recovery or rehabilitation. You might be disabled or need special medical attention and treatment.
Our lawyers may reach out to disability or financial experts to valuate damages for several years or for the rest of your life.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Ride Responsibly and Safely
Wearing a bicycle helmet each time you ride can reduce the risk of brain injury, according to the CDC.
Here are other safety suggestions from the Illinois Secretary of State:
- Ride in the same direction as vehicle traffic.
- Pedestrians have the right of way at crosswalks.
- Have a front light that is visible from 500 feet for night riding.
While Illinois does not have a mandatory bicycle helmet law for all riders, we encourage you to wear a helmet.
Call to Learn More
A Chicago bicycle accident lawyer can help you recover compensation from an accident that was not your fault. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for a free case review: (800) 794-0444.